My Nam Displays

triggerhappyjim

triggerhappyjim

Nice collection.

I see you also have a nice German smock in there !

owen

Thanks owen....I also collect WWI (German/French/ British), WWII(german and special interest in Spanish Blue Division) and ofcourse Vietnam with special interest in USMC....

But I have only posted items relating to the forms topic which is US militaria....

The KaBar placement varied(s), but I found it most comfortable over the hip, towards the backside (between the first aid kit and canteen). That way is doesn't dig in when you hit the deck.

triggerhappyjim

I dont have a KaBar on the Con Thien 67 display only the M14 bayo, but will be a KaBar one on the Tet 68 Hue city machineguner...just like in the famous photo.....

triggerhappyjim

Also how do you attach the kabar to the belt? I just taped mine on but I'm sure that it wouldn't last in the rain

well in the photo of the MGguy in Hue city, you can see its just toucked behind the .45 holster.....but I think you can slip it in the belt ..........

triggerhappyjim

My kabar sheath isn't big enough to slip onto the belt. Any ideas how to keep it on?

funny thing ......my Boss (who was in Nam with the 9th) said he had his KaBar but always had it in his pack...he only had the bayo on the rigg......I suggest to tuck it behind an ammo pouch....

triggerhappyjim

How would you tuck it behind a ammo pouch? I'm useing the m61 pouches

right..right right.....most of the guys have it toucked on the .45 holster....but I have seen a few that have it on the belt.....

post-87246-0-39518900-1424818187.jpg

triggerhappyjim

Thanks for the help and sorry if you feel like I'm kinds of getting of the point of this topic

no way.....my pleasure.....!! :D

show us your display later..! B)

triggerhappyjim

Btw did you build your own mannequins or did you buy them?

Bought.....but added the helmet stand at the neck base-...some are made out of Styrofoam and others of fiberglass....

I was also wondering, if marines weren't useing the 3 cell grenade pouch, we're would they keep their grenades? Since m61 pouches can't carry grenades, would they have been carried in pockets, or clipped on suspenders or something like that?