Is this officer overseas cap piping?

hzamar

I have an overseas cap with what looks like black/yellow piping. It doesn't look gold as it is not shiny and that is what I've seen more of in the way of officer hats. It looks like an officer pin on rank was pinned as there are 2 vertically aligned holes on the left side but that could also have been a DI pin for whatever unit the man was in.

Is this still officer piping or is there a black/yellow branch piping as well?

Thanks for any input.

Herb

post-3742-0-68255500-1424021948.jpg

Herb,

Maybe the light from the photo but it almost looks like a dark green and yellow so could be MP Piping. Also, the vertical hole could be from LT rank. Hope that helps.

Wade

Are you sure it is black and not really dark blue? Could be Chemical Corps if blue.

Of course, being here in Pittsburgh it could be Steelers colors. :P

There's a black backing to the piping and it is definitely the same color as the dark part of the piping. The yellow/gold is not metallic which is also why I thought it might not be officer piping.

There was a black and "gold" rayon piping that was used on officers OS caps. I had a pair of named caps, one with black and yellow/gold rayon and the other with black and metallic piping.

Mike

There was a black and "gold" rayon piping that was used on officers OS caps. I had a pair of named caps, one with black and yellow/gold rayon and the other with black and metallic piping.

Mike

Interesting, Rayon piping was the standard thread of the EM piping, this one IDed to the officer, is it OD, if so is it Officer Quality material, or an issue cap?