• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WW2 57mm HE lamp, makes me feel fuzzy!

Found this yesterday, I've always looked for ordnance, trench art I think is cool, but when I find a trench art piece where they didn't totally destroy a piece of nice ordnance I try to get it. Here is a late war 57mm HE round, these aren't the easiest rounds to find, the fuzes are even harder. I have been looking for 57mm stuff off and on over the years and I hit pay dirt about a month ago, it was a normal AT round. then I found this one, I was like "wow another 57, I hope they didn't destroy it" I got lucky, the only thing they did was thread the tip if the fuze, drilled a tiny hole for the cord and attached the base through the primer hole. I won't take it apart because it's cool, and plus I can use it for something besides a dust collector. LOL Thought I'd share it with you all. especially since the T18 round is a hard one to find.

post-153748-0-60734800-1423959636.jpg

post-153748-0-10741600-1423959644.jpg

nice HE round!

Pvt. James H. Honey 1st Md. Eastern shore Vol. Inf. Co. D (union) Gettysburg
Pvt. George Eddie Lear 26th Inf. Co.H 1st Div .(WW1) P.H. WIA Cpl. Richard Elsea 268th C.A. Bn. Battery A. WW2 SSgt. Grant Elsea 314th Inf. Hq.Co. I.R.79thDiv. WW2
Cpl. Harry Lawrence Butler Jr 23rd Regt. WIA Korea Lt. George Olin Tilghman 111th MG. 29th Div. WW1 DIS France 1919
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif