group of patches

WW2JAKE

so my dad who was on the flight line was wrong to have it this way? and no one said anything? and firefighter's explanation is wrong even though it made sense for how my dads shirt was patched? im getting alittle skeptical here buddy...

As I said, there may have been a local exemption, but you can only be in one squadron, not two. Never, ever saw this combo before. I've explained it best I can from the point of some one that was there. I won't beat a dead horse, just trying to help. Believe what you want to, I give up there buddy.

Randy

Your Air Force wasn't on the flight line. Not trying to be smart, but there's a lot of things going on here with this shirt. Per regulations, it's incorrect. I've tried to explain it above, and that's the best I can do. I worked the flight line for 26 years, not the hospital or wherever. People can believe what they want to I guess....

Randy

I've seen a lot of people that worked the flight line working in the hospital and around base.I also tried to explain the best I can and thats the best I can do too.Just because I wasn't on the flight line doesn't mean I didn't see stuff around base.

Never in the AF Myself, But Can anyone explain how You could be in 2 ea. Sq. at once, and would the TAC patch sewn at the askew angle on the shirt pass inspection?

Patchcollector

Perhaps it may be helpful to do some internet "digging" and find another member of the same unit that the OPs' Father was in during the same time period.

They may be able to shed some light on this mystery!

Never in the AF Myself, But Can anyone explain how You could be in 2 ea. Sq. at once, and would the TAC patch sewn at the askew angle on the shirt pass inspection?

Because the 310th does not have a separate EMS, there is NO 310th EMS.So he belonged to the 58th EMS working on the aircraft of the 310th TFTS.Since there is no 310th EMS he is part of the 58th EMS.

58th EMS covers the 69th, 310th, 311th, 312th, & 314th TFTS.

Still looking for my welcome package to England AFB.There is a picture of a guy wearing two squadron patches, I think 76th TFS and 23rd CRS.Yes it would be unusual for somebody to wear two fighter squadron patches but not an EMS or CRS patch with a fighter squadron patch.

Because the 310th does not have a separate EMS, there is NO 310th EMS.So he belonged to the 58th EMS working on the aircraft of the 310th TFTS.Since there is no 310th EMS he is part of the 58th EMS.

58th EMS covers the 69th, 310th, 311th, 312th, & 314th TFTS.

Still looking for my welcome package to England AFB.There is a picture of a guy wearing two squadron patches, I think 76th TFS and 23rd CRS.Yes it would be unusual for somebody to wear two fighter squadron patches but not an EMS or CRS patch with a fighter squadron patch.

So in that case can You wear anyone of the mentioned Sqdn. patches? With that , could You not wear them all? What Command does one answer to?, What Sqdn. Commander would be Your Commander, how does the chain of Command work with 2 Commanders? Which one is over the other?. I would assume it would be the 58th EMS? I can now understand the push to get unit patches off the BDU uniform.

My amazement is the sloppy patch arrangement of the shirt, TAC patch is askew, name tapes not centered . Looks really sloppy that I cannot get the senior NCO would allow such a uniform to go in that condition in a stateside unit. Do the USAF regulation allow that look?

So in that case can You wear anyone of the mentioned Sqdn. patches? With that , could You not wear them all? What Command does one answer to?, What Sqdn. Commander would be Your Commander, how does the chain of Command work with 2 Commanders? Which one is over the other?. I would assume it would be the 58th EMS? I can now understand the push to get unit patches off the BDU uniform.

My amazement is the sloppy patch arrangement of the shirt, TAC patch is askew, name tapes not centered . Looks really sloppy that I cannot get the senior NCO would allow such a uniform to go in that condition in a stateside unit. Do the USAF regulation allow that look?

I fold. You and Randy know more than me.I'm done.

Patchcollector

Those tapes look theatre made,and yes,I agree that the patch sewing job was a bit sloppy.I always used the seamstresses around the bases,they were usually Asian and did a great job.

they really didn't care in his case for the same reason he only wore his service dress once while in the airforce even when everyone was supposed to wear them every Friday... because he was there to work and get dirty, his explanation was "they didn't care as long as the patches were in the right place just get them on there" and they were sewn on by my great grandmother by hand... and now you're kinda insulting my dad's uniform and my great grandmother's sewing all because you are having an argument about patch placement which "couldn't happen" when clearly. It did. I want to know why not If it was possible because clearly it was.

Those tapes look theatre made,and yes,I agree that the patch sewing job was a bit sloppy.I always used the seamstresses around the bases,they were usually Asian and did a great job.

they are from luke afb

Patchcollector

they really didn't care in his case for the same reason he only wore his service dress once while in the airforce even when everyone was supposed to wear them every Friday... because he was there to work and get dirty, his explanation was "they didn't care as long as the patches were in the right place just get them on there" and they were sewn on by my great grandmother by hand... and now you're kinda insulting my dad's uniform and my great grandmother's sewing all because you are having an argument about patch placement which "couldn't happen" when clearly. It did. I want to know why not If it was possible because clearly it was.

No one was trying to insult anyone,just making observations.It is unusual,because TAC bases were usually more "spit and polish" than say,MAC bases.

No one was trying to insult anyone,just making observations.It is unusual,because TAC bases were usually more "spit and polish" than say,MAC bases.

Service dress is one thing,and his is perfectly straight how they should be and the correct distance but again fatigues were different (this is from his words) no one cared if they were perfect because what they did their shirts would tear, get oil stains, snag stuff so on... and they kept wearing them. no one cared if they were pretty they just wanted to know who you were and what you were doing

So I guess I was trying to say is that he would have been assigned to the 58th EMS and then attached to the 310th TFTS.His reporting squadron commander would be that of the 58th EMS.

So I guess I was trying to say is that he would have been assigned to the 58th EMS and then attached to the 310th TFTS.His reporting squadron commander would be that of the 58th EMS.

i think we will just go with that...

• 7 months later...

just an update, it has been figured out. 832nd air division covered the 405 TTW and 58th TTW which covered the 310th 311th and 312th TFTS and the 58th EMS who covered the 58th AGE who supplied ground support equipment to the 310th 311th and 312th TFTS and my dad was a driver for the 58th AGE supplying the 310th TFTS which would account for the 58th EMS and 310th TFTS patches being on his fatigues.

and also re-reading this i apologize for this reply. some stuff was going on and i was not in the right mindset to be on the forum at the time and it was stupid and a bit immature.