My women's collection

Just came across this and thought that it'd be another cool reenactment shot (next time you happen to be in your USMC WM uniform... and a horse is nearby...)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/usmcarchives/17288544646/in/photostream/

Semper Fidelis, to all Marines past, present and future..

*Remembering CWO3 James Warren Maddox, USMC 1957-2018*

LOOKING FOR EARLY USMC CHEVRONS & RANK INSIGNIA, COMPETITIVE MARKSMANSHIP AWARDS, RECRUITING MATERIALS AND POSTERS, PHOTOGRAPHS, PENNANTS, SIGNATURES, EARLY NUMBERED CAMPAIGN MEDALS, PRE-1900 USMC GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, USMC ENGRAVED NAVY MARKSMANSHIP MEDAL, ANY MATERIALS RELATED TO 1ST BATTALION 9TH MARINES OR ANY OF THE THREE SHIPS BEARING THE NAME "USS MADDOX".

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came across this and thought that it'd be another cool reenactment shot (next time you happen to be in your USMC WM uniform... and a horse is nearby...)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/usmcarchives/17288544646/in/photostream/

that is actually a very interesting photo!! I don't know anyone with horses but I do go to parades in uniform for like 4th of july and stuff like that, maybe I can sneak a pic :)

Great job with your collection/ displays. Always good to see women participate in this mostly male dominated hobby. Thanks for posting.

Looking for: Fourth/ Seventh Rhode Island Infantry items

Purple Heart : Robert L. Freitag KIA ETO 2/11/45

Any US/German items with the last name "Freitag"

also, war-related posters

donation2013.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Wowzer! Great shot! My pastor's mom was a cadet nurse at the very end of WWII a great lady, always enjoy talking to her about the old days of nursing. I'm glad I have it way easier than they did!

Looking for any WWII 104th "Timberwolf" Division items.

Including items from the 413th, 414th, and 415th Infantry Regiments 104th Recon Troop, 329th Engineer Battalion, 329th Medical Battalion

385th, 386th, 387th, and 929th Field Artillery Battalions 804th Ordnance Company 104th Quartermaster Company 104th Signal Company

555th Anti-Aircraft Battalion, 750th Tank Battalion 692nd Tank Destroyer Battalion 817th Tank Destroyer Battalion

donation2014.gif

Great photo! Looks like one of the wartime shots made to show women in the different services. Well posed and believable.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Great photo! Looks like one of the wartime shots made to show women in the different services. Well posed and believable.

that's what we were going for :) didn't get all the impressions we have in one shot though, we have too many haha

I'm curious, is it correct for the cadet nurse to the left to be wearing a Navy officer's hat insignia with that uniform?

. Not Navy, U.S. Public Health Service. Very nice

Just thought I would share a group shot from this weekends event. More uniform pics to come soon.

From left to right: Cadet Nurse, War Correspondent, summer Red Cross, Red Cross Motor Corps, winter Army Nurse and winter WAVE.

Great photo!

JD

AAF Collector...........
**Always Buying WW2 Aviation Related Items: Especially Operation Tidal Wave items (1st Ploesti Raid) ..... WW2 Fighter Ace Related Items.....Higher End A-2 Flight Jacket Groups....AAF Related Valor Medal Groups**

donation2017.gif
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

some of the items yes very difficult! I look everyday though so that helps and I do get lucky sometimes at antique shops.

It sure is.

Very informative as well (and nice to look at). ;)

I bet it is difficult to find these items?

Erwin