My women's collection

trinitykitty24

• 3 weeks later...
trinitykitty24

Very neat.I look forward to see the setting you come up with to model this one. Do you have period sneakers (I assume sneakers were around then)?

some keds or saddle shoes would work nicely

Great shots. :)

The one with the Sherman is a great shot of you with an amazing background. The second one... man, those postwar square mermites... You just can't go an event anywhere without someone having to bring those incorrect mermite containers... Not your fault, of course.

Trinity,

Just curious how you store all of these great uniform combinations when not in use.

You're literally a walking museum...especially with the knowledge that you've gleaned researching everything.

trinitykitty24

Great shots. :)

The one with the Sherman is a great shot of you with an amazing background. The second one... man, those postwar square mermites... You just can't go an event anywhere without someone having to bring those incorrect mermite containers... Not your fault, of course.

they were just there for drink storage :P

trinitykitty24

Trinity,

Just curious how you store all of these great uniform combinations when not in use.

You're literally a walking museum...especially with the knowledge that you've gleaned researching everything.

just plain old hangers and some stuff in foot lockers, sadly I don't have a fancy museum to put them in. I have a sweet hat cabinet.

post-156842-0-05991400-1445997666.jpg

• 3 months later...
trinitykitty24

Are all those women's outfits or is there a mix? Nice collection and a nice place to keep them.

the small section is mens, the large is all womens!

trinitykitty24

I have some uniforms and of course all the coats and accessories that aren't even in there. I have an addiction as I just found another uniform yesterday.

I have some uniforms and of course all the coats and accessories that aren't even in there. I have an addiction as I just found another uniform yesterday.

Join the club. I would say, "We have jackets" but you'd only buy one of those, too, I'd bet! :lol:

I'm just glad to see there are finally some great quality impressions among the ladies within the hobby now. It's not something you saw very often when I got into WW2 living history back in the 90s...

WWII movies and TV history shows don't do any justice to what it was really like during WWII with womens role played in the US ☆ Military.

Always nice to see the living history of your collection.

• 1 month later...

my friends father restores and sells old bicycles, mostly skip tooth bicycles from the era that he paints up to look military. he also does custom jobs.

The bike looks like either a JC Higgins or a Sears Elgin. Great photos and amazing collection......Thanks for sharing!!!

very beautiful , as far as the bagginess for your motor corps ,i'd say leave it alone it actually looks more period. well done on your hbt photo .

koreamike