My women's collection

trinitykitty24

USMC-RECON0321

Very nice and thanks for sharing in such a classy way. I took my late WWII Grandfather (101st AB) to a local monument dedication of "The women of WWII" many years ago and he was very emotional at the service. I remember him saying it was way over do!

Thank you

Troy

Johan Willaert

Winter WAC off duty dress and winter garrison cap

Photo by Elisabeth Ansley

Great picture but why are you combining EM (well Women's) stripes and collar discs with an Officer's cap?

trinitykitty24

Great picture but why are you combining EM (well Women's) stripes and collar discs with an Officer's cap?

I am well aware of the pin on the hat is incorrect, I misplaced my hat and borrowed my friends for a quick couple of pics before the photographer left so I could get some of the uniform. I wore it for a whole 15 mins and don't actually wear it to events like this.

Trinity,

Is the piping on the cap unique to the WAAC or WAC or would women of that era wear the piping of the branch where they served?

I'm pretty sure I've seen WAAC or WAC uniforms that were Air Force veterans wearing that piping and unique stripes on their uniforms.

trinitykitty24

Trinity,

Is the piping on the cap unique to the WAAC or WAC or would women of that era wear the piping of the branch where they served?

I'm pretty sure I've seen WAAC or WAC uniforms that were Air Force veterans wearing that piping and unique stripes on their uniforms.

For WAAC/WAC there is enlisted piping, green and yellow (what I have) and officers piping black and gold. They had others related to them that wore the same caps such as Air WACs.

• 2 weeks later...
trinitykitty24

It's always good to see you come up with new items - keep 'em coming. Are these things you've had for awhile or are they new?

most I have had for awhile, I'm slow at getting good pics of my items.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...