My women's collection

trinitykitty24

trinitykitty24

WAVE garrison cap and jacket(cant see but I'm wearing the pants too)

Holding the wool coat as well. More and better pics of my WAVE items to come.

post-156842-0-32869300-1432512341.jpg

Just thought I would share a group shot from this weekends event. More uniform pics to come soon.

From left to right: Cadet Nurse, War Correspondent, summer Red Cross, Red Cross Motor Corps, winter Army Nurse and winter WAVE.

Very nice picture. What was the occasion for all to be together?

trinitykitty24

I try to find items in my size, I have some that I don't have pictured because yes I do need to have them tailored. I try not to as much as I can and if I have to do it I never remove any of the fabric permanently so if I ever sell anything they can be restored to the original size.

All your outfits seem to fit really well. Do you have your vintage clothes tailored?

trinitykitty24

Very nice picture. What was the occasion for all to be together?

We do fashion shows at some of our events. We do military and civilian clothing. We try to show as many impressions as we can and at the end of the show it makes a very neat pic to get all the uniforms together.

My photo skills are quite lacking and tried to give thisa black and white look.

The ladies look right out of a photo album of the 40s

post-342-0-73495600-1432592263.jpg

We do fashion shows at some of our events. We do military and civilian clothing. We try to show as many impressions as we can and at the end of the show it makes a very neat pic to get all the uniforms together.

Very nice indeed, thank you for posting your pictures and keep up the good work.

Will you be in Reading?

trinitykitty24

Very nice indeed, thank you for posting your pictures and keep up the good work.

Will you be in Reading?

reading?

Reading, Pennsylvania. Pronounced "redding", as opposed to the act of reading a book.

It is the site of the annual World War II weekend at the Mid Atlantic Air Museum.

Big WWII gathering for the East Coast crowd, and popular with reenactors.

http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html

Even the local radio station gets into the act by broadcasting 1940's music and "war bulletins" all weekend.

trinitykitty24

Reading, Pennsylvania. Pronounced "redding", as opposed to the act of reading a book.

It is the site of the annual World War II weekend at the Mid Atlantic Air Museum.

Big WWII gathering for the East Coast crowd, and popular with reenactors.

http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html

Even the local radio station gets into the act by broadcasting 1940's music and "war bulletins" all weekend.

Way too far away, I'm in MN. Looks like it would be awesome though.

Trinitykitty24,

I was there with my wife at the Farmington Show!! My wife and I was very impressed with the WWII Military Women's fashion show! I was wearing a Patton Bar & Grill black t- shirt.

I think I'll be setting up in the vender show area next year if I can get a spot? not for sure why they didn't have move venders there?

Craig

trinitykitty24

Trinitykitty24,

I was there with my wife at the Farmington Show!! My wife and I was very impressed with the WWII Military Women's fashion show! I was wearing a Patton Bar & Grill black t- shirt.

I think I'll be setting up in the vender show area next year if I can get a spot? not for sure why they didn't have move venders there?

Craig

Our fashion show was the best yet this year, always improving on it each year and adding more stuff. I think they might limit the venders because they don't want them to interfere with the atmosphere of the village, nothing ruins a pic like a modern food truck. That's why they moved them to the street side this year. Not sure how many are allowed or if they actually limit the number.

Trinitykitty24,

I was talking about more Vintage military dealer spots vending and yes I don't want to see modern stuff either.

trinitykitty24

Trinitykitty24,

I was talking about more Vintage military dealer spots vending and yes I don't want to see modern stuff either.

oh, I guess I really don't know about that.

Trinitykitty24,

I do believe they want to expand on the military vendors.I spoke with a promotor a year ago and they are trying to build this show up.

The first photo was just as great. I just continue to be amazed by your collection -- and those of your friends..

Ever consider researching about a real woman who wore one of your uniforms so you could do something like living history of what that individual did?

trinitykitty24

The first photo was just as great. I just continue to be amazed by your collection -- and those of your friends..

Ever consider researching about a real woman who wore one of your uniforms so you could do something like living history of what that individual did?

we do research them when they are named uniforms, but lots are pieced together with different or no names. we also have so many uniforms we don't stay in one for too long so it would be too complicated to play the role of all of them. We did put lots of info about individual people from each uniform from mn in our fashion show.

This is my first time viewing this particular area of the forum and I must say that it blesses my heart to no end to see the intensity of dedication to acquisition and detailed exposition of these spectacular uniforms and insignia. A True and transporting presentation in authenticity of the nurse uniform early in your post with the excellent set of 2 inch Meyer nurses wings was simply something I thought was lost to time. The dignity of the masculinity and femininity of that time was not as adulterated as it is today. My Step-Mom was a Nurse in the service and she communicated the excellence and ordered relational context of the day in the WWII and Korean years, of dignity and respect based in a solid understanding of Good and Evil, and the Rules of Life's course unto Blessing or unto Curse. She was simple and to the point and one ALWAYS knew where they stood with her because they ALWAYS knew Her Standard was her Faith and that was correlated highly with the military of that day. I remember the force of her gentle and powerful dignity, whole Rooms would change when she entered, what a woman of stature.

These qualities can be ascertained, in viewing from Trinitykitty24's(absolutely love your name's use of the Triune allusion) perspective, her fabulous display capturing not just a "modern" woman dressed up in "old clothes" but a thoughtful and dedicated historian reaching into her own creativity and respect for the servicewomen of the time and the content of their character, and revealing her interpretation of the expression of their person shaped by their experience, through what I am sure has been thorough study.

What I see in your display is an interesting and poignant example of one of the principles of mankind, in what I have been studying recently in my discipline of focus. Beauty/Femininity is a very powerful God-given quality and it can be used in 2 ways. A woman can use Beauty to destroy and to call forth the most dissolute dissipation from those around her; to draw out irresponsibility and lawlessness which leads to brokenness and misery. I see in what "TK" is doing with her compatriots, in revealing the woman of distinctive service in the military of that day, the other side of what beauty can be used to draw forth and establish in the environment a woman passes through in her lifetime. TK's presentation of these women, in the character with which they dressed and presented themselves, reveals how beauty is used to draw forth the finest of qualities from the people around that woman, responsibility, dignity, respect, mercy, grace for your fellow man, Righteousness, true manhood and true womanhood.

These were once the qualities of the military of the United States of America from its early days and it is good to see your preservation of the finest aspects of women's contributions to our military's history and the history of what the United States of America stands for.

Well done TK....Well Done

trinitykitty24

This is my first time viewing this particular area of the forum and I must say that it blesses my heart to no end to see the intensity of dedication to acquisition and detailed exposition of these spectacular uniforms and insignia. A True and transporting presentation in authenticity of the nurse uniform early in your post with the excellent set of 2 inch Meyer nurses wings was simply something I thought was lost to time. The dignity of the masculinity and femininity of that time was not as adulterated as it is today. My Step-Mom was a Nurse in the service and she communicated the excellence and ordered relational context of the day in the WWII and Korean years, of dignity and respect based in a solid understanding of Good and Evil, and the Rules of Life's course unto Blessing or unto Curse. She was simple and to the point and one ALWAYS knew where they stood with her because they ALWAYS knew Her Standard was her Faith and that was correlated highly with the military of that day. I remember the force of her gentle and powerful dignity, whole Rooms would change when she entered, what a woman of stature.

These qualities can be ascertained, in viewing from Trinitykitty24's(absolutely love your name's use of the Triune allusion) perspective, her fabulous display capturing not just a "modern" woman dressed up in "old clothes" but a thoughtful and dedicated historian reaching into her own creativity and respect for the servicewomen of the time and the content of their character, and revealing her interpretation of the expression of their person shaped by their experience, through what I am sure has been thorough study.

What I see in your display is an interesting and poignant example of one of the principles of mankind, in what I have been studying recently in my discipline of focus. Beauty/Femininity is a very powerful God-given quality and it can be used in 2 ways. A woman can use Beauty to destroy and to call forth the most dissolute dissipation from those around her; to draw out irresponsibility and lawlessness which leads to brokenness and misery. I see in what "TK" is doing with her compatriots, in revealing the woman of distinctive service in the military of that day, the other side of what beauty can be used to draw forth and establish in the environment a woman passes through in her lifetime. TK's presentation of these women, in the character with which they dressed and presented themselves, reveals how beauty is used to draw forth the finest of qualities from the people around that woman, responsibility, dignity, respect, mercy, grace for your fellow man, Righteousness, true manhood and true womanhood.

These were once the qualities of the military of the United States of America from its early days and it is good to see your preservation of the finest aspects of women's contributions to our military's history and the history of what the United States of America stands for.

Well done TK....Well Done

Thanks so much, that is great to hear as I am always trying to do my best with all my impressions. I have a loads more uniforms and get to do a special uniform photo shoot this sunday so hopefully I will have tons of pics soon.

trinitykitty24

Like I said I don't like displaying this way but just to give you an idea of my collection, this is about half of my stuff. Individual pics to come.

post-156842-0-24670200-1434148374.jpg