My women's collection

trinitykitty24

trinitykitty24

Just came across this and thought that it'd be another cool reenactment shot (next time you happen to be in your USMC WM uniform... and a horse is nearby...)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/usmcarchives/17288544646/in/photostream/

that is actually a very interesting photo!! I don't know anyone with horses but I do go to parades in uniform for like 4th of july and stuff like that, maybe I can sneak a pic :)

trinitykitty24

Will hopefully get pics on here faster coming up in a week or so, events are finally here and I will get to wear more of the uniforms.

Great job with your collection/ displays. Always good to see women participate in this mostly male dominated hobby. Thanks for posting.

• 2 weeks later...
trinitykitty24

Just thought I would share a group shot from this weekends event. More uniform pics to come soon.

From left to right: Cadet Nurse, War Correspondent, summer Red Cross, Red Cross Motor Corps, winter Army Nurse and winter WAVE.

post-156842-0-85498000-1432068864.jpg

Timberwolf

Wowzer! Great shot! My pastor's mom was a cadet nurse at the very end of WWII a great lady, always enjoy talking to her about the old days of nursing. I'm glad I have it way easier than they did!

Great photo! Looks like one of the wartime shots made to show women in the different services. Well posed and believable.

trinitykitty24

Great photo! Looks like one of the wartime shots made to show women in the different services. Well posed and believable.

that's what we were going for :) didn't get all the impressions we have in one shot though, we have too many haha

willysmb44

I'm curious, is it correct for the cadet nurse to the left to be wearing a Navy officer's hat insignia with that uniform?

I'm curious, is it correct for the cadet nurse to the left to be wearing a Navy officer's hat insignia with that uniform?

. Not Navy, U.S. Public Health Service. Very nice

Good eye! That's what it is.

Very nice uniforms. Thanks for posting....Kat

trinitykitty24

you are correct! exactly what I was going to say.

trinitykitty24

Red Cross Motor Corps summer uniform coatdress and garrison cap(excuse the bagginess, still need to have it tailored to fit me)

post-156842-0-64444600-1432256426.jpg

Just thought I would share a group shot from this weekends event. More uniform pics to come soon.

From left to right: Cadet Nurse, War Correspondent, summer Red Cross, Red Cross Motor Corps, winter Army Nurse and winter WAVE.

Great photo!

JD

It sure is.

Very informative as well (and nice to look at). ;)

I bet it is difficult to find these items?

Erwin

trinitykitty24

some of the items yes very difficult! I look everyday though so that helps and I do get lucky sometimes at antique shops.

It sure is.

Very informative as well (and nice to look at). ;)

I bet it is difficult to find these items?

Erwin