My women's collection

trinitykitty24

A couple of guys I know restore ww2 military vehicles and started going to events and so I couple of us girls thought it would be neat to come along and we have been hooked since. We love the history and the overall look of everything back then. Its fun to learn and also teach people about that era.

I've done living history events where this group of women a was in attendance and have to say they all do a fantastic display.

trinitykitty24

I've done living history events where this group of women a was in attendance and have to say they all do a fantastic display.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Stuff! Like all the Other Marines on this site I am partial to WM Uniforms. What a great tribute to all Women in service.

• 2 weeks later...

I HAVE TO ADMIT--- NEVER SEEN A WOMAN DRESS IN WW2 MILITARY. LOOKS GREAT AND A VERY WONDERFUL JOB. KIND OF BRINGS US BACK TO AN EARLIER TIME. EXCEPTIONAL AND WELL DONE.

MAY I ALSO ADD--- IN THIS AREA OF COLLECTION THERE ARE NOT MANY WOMAN AT ALL WHICH MAKES YOUR DISPLAYS ALL THE MORE SPECIAL

trinitykitty24

I HAVE TO ADMIT--- NEVER SEEN A WOMAN DRESS IN WW2 MILITARY. LOOKS GREAT AND A VERY WONDERFUL JOB. KIND OF BRINGS US BACK TO AN EARLIER TIME. EXCEPTIONAL AND WELL DONE.

MAY I ALSO ADD--- IN THIS AREA OF COLLECTION THERE ARE NOT MANY WOMAN AT ALL WHICH MAKES YOUR DISPLAYS ALL THE MORE SPECIAL

Thanks so much. This is hardly any of my collection, just trying to find time on the weekends to get proper photos of all my stuff.

Awesome collection you have showed so far - your look and uniforms takes us back - great job!!

hear is a picture from the WW2 event in Reading Pa - look of the lady's in uniform like you have shown but also the regular dressy clothes from that era looks so refined

post-80886-0-02580600-1428536425.jpg

I'm getting quite tired of the "50s-ish looking pin models with plenty of tattoos" look invading WW2 events. I'm not saying the women in that Reading shot specifically, but I think most of you know what I mean as a general concept.

I refused to pose with a model with that shtick at an airshow last year as she looked about as 1940s-looking as a sixties hippie and I wanted no part of that (I posed with plenty of kids in modern clothes for their parents' cameras, which to me is a totally different thing as it wasn't for anyone's portfolio). I do photo work for models from time to time but I have yet to agree to allow any of my 40s stuff to be used from my collection for any of them as they think the 'trashy 1950s biker girl' look is the same as a mainstream 40s look. I think most people here would agree it's not even close and I don't want to associated with anything like that.

The young lady who started this thread is, to me, the standard by which these 'models' should conduct themsevels, both in dress and demeanor.

trinitykitty24

We also do the dressy stuff at events but we only do real vintage, nothing showy or fake. Don't get me wrong I have tattoos but I wear things that cover them up as much as possibly when doing events.

USCapturephotos

Thanks for sharing. I was just given a small grouping to a US flight nurse this week so it has piqued my interest. Mostly common insignia, a nice English theater made Army Air Corps patch, her orders and some photos. The daughter has said that her moms flight logs are "somewhere" and that she is looking for those for me.

Great collection by the way!

Paul

trinitykitty24

Wow I wish I was given things like that!!

Thanks for sharing. I was just given a small grouping to a US flight nurse this week so it has piqued my interest. Mostly common insignia, a nice English theater made Army Air Corps patch, her orders and some photos. The daughter has said that her moms flight logs are "somewhere" and that she is looking for those for me.
Great collection by the way!
Paul