My women's collection

trinitykitty24

trinitykitty24

What is the make of the bicycle...

Obviously it is not an official WW2 US Army contract women's bike, but does it have military use provenance?

my friends father restores and sells old bicycles, mostly skip tooth bicycles from the era that he paints up to look military. he also does custom jobs.

Johan Willaert

my friends father restores and sells old bicycles, mostly skip tooth bicycles from the era that he paints up to look military. he also does custom jobs.

Thanks!

Good stuff! Nice to see someone who looks the part. I've been seeing a disturbing number for females in these uniforms in photos at events online with tatoos and overall looking for a '1950s pinup' shtick.

Most of the items are original minus some small things (shoes, repo correspondent arm band and patch, white shirt).

FYI, the armbands from NCHS are really the wrong color for some reason. They make them in blue when they really should be green. The NCHS ones are more alligned for a WW1 color arrangement.

Also, I'm convinced he makes up some of his correspondent insignia. But the patch you have on your overseas cap is just fine!

trinitykitty24

Thanks for posting and it's ovibious you enjoy your collection. Glad to see you displaying them as worn.

thanks, it might take awhile for me to get more pics but im going to try to get it done as soon as I can.

• 3 weeks later...
trinitykitty24

Good stuff! Nice to see someone who looks the part. I've been seeing a disturbing number for females in these uniforms in photos at events online with tatoos and overall looking for a '1950s pinup' shtick.

FYI, the armbands from NCHS are really the wrong color for some reason. They make them in blue when they really should be green. The NCHS ones are more alligned for a WW1 color arrangement.

Also, I'm convinced he makes up some of his correspondent insignia. But the patch you have on your overseas cap is just fine!

I have seen them in so many different colors :( its impossible to tell from the black and white photos so it makes it very hard

Gidday there

Below is a colour pic's from WWII of US War Correspondent patch on Overseas Cap and shoulder.

They are from well known war correspondents , sorry can't remember there names.

Phill

post-7582-0-27227200-1425963681.jpg

post-7582-0-64138800-1425963769.jpg

Great pics! Thanks for sharing-

i wish I could fit into my womans uniform collection (just kidding).

But it is very nice to see them "in use"

You are right about them drying up. I noticed there was less at the shows too. I have slowed down on my womans collecting until I can catalogue what I actually have. I realized that I had at least 3 Army Nurse capes. My name is Jerry and I have problem...

But if a neat items comes along...

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

wow, love your rework of the poster, hair might be just a tad low but overall, GREAT WORK, i don't really collect the women's uniforms, but i do have a few items, none as nice as yours.

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Your Marine uniforms are definitely my favorite Jess! The poster one is great! Once I start getting into uniforms, I may try to recreate some old posters as well! Did you have the backdrop painted?

CombatEng44

"wow, love your rework of the poster, hair might be just a tad low but overall, GREAT WORK, i don't really collect the women's uniforms, but i do have a few items, none as nice as yours."

You know, I've read and read about the hair "off the collar" but I've seen MANY photos in the States and overseas(those branches permitting that) of women in ALL branches with hair 2-3 inches below the top edge. Just saying, it was done a LOT! I would say it was all after boot camp, though!

Great photo!

Karen

trinitykitty24

Your Marine uniforms are definitely my favorite Jess! The poster one is great! Once I start getting into uniforms, I may try to recreate some old posters as well! Did you have the backdrop painted?

The photographer combined my pic with one she had previously taken.

trinitykitty24

"wow, love your rework of the poster, hair might be just a tad low but overall, GREAT WORK, i don't really collect the women's uniforms, but i do have a few items, none as nice as yours."

You know, I've read and read about the hair "off the collar" but I've seen MANY photos in the States and overseas(those branches permitting that) of women in ALL branches with hair 2-3 inches below the top edge. Just saying, it was done a LOT! I would say it was all after boot camp, though!

Great photo!

Karen

It was taken at the end of my photo shoot so my hair had fallen a bit, but it is barely touching my collar as is. I have seen many photos as well but try to keep it off the collar as much as possible.

It was taken at the end of my photo shoot so my hair had fallen a bit, but it is barely touching my collar as is. I have seen many photos as well but try to keep it off the collar as much as possible.

You looked just fine in those shots. I, too, have seen plenty of WW2-era photos of women in the military with their hair that low. No nig deal at all.

Great photos and collection!

Not sure which is more striking, the model or the collection; especially since you took the effort to conform to the regs.

Are you part of a living history group?

Do you research the previous owners?

trinitykitty24

Great photos and collection!

Not sure which is more striking, the model or the collection; especially since you took the effort to conform to the regs.

Are you part of a living history group?

Do you research the previous owners?

I do not like to display my uniforms on hangers as I feel it does not do them justice. I am part of a womens reenacting group called The cats meow, you can check us out on facebook www.facebook.com/ww2 girls. We do research the uniforms if they are named, most things are not named and are pieced together uniforms (whole uniform not from same owner). My flight nurse however is from a lady who actually used to live in mn, so its great to know its still in the state.