My women's collection

trinitykitty24

trinitykitty24

Here is some of my women's collection, mostly WW2, I will post more as I go.

War correspondent and WAC items

first pic: ike jacket and wool pants with leggings.

second pic: khaki shirt and khaki skirt.

third pic: wac winter tunic and wool skirt.

post-156842-0-84672500-1423958770.jpg

post-156842-0-11257500-1423958783.jpg

post-156842-0-47292500-1423958792.jpg

trinitykitty24

I like the flight nurse uniform the best, but they all look great!

yes it is a very good one, I will try next time to get better pics of the pants.

trinitykitty24

Really nice collection. As I look for the militaria I collect I don't see women's clothing. Where do you find them? Are they all original items?

I search and search everyday for women's items, online and I also go to antique stores once in awhile. It takes time and a lot of patience to find the items. Most of the items are original minus some small things (shoes, repo correspondent arm band and patch, white shirt). All the main uniform pieces are original.

yellowjacketmustang

Very impressed. I can definitely relate to the patience it takes to collect enough of the uniform items to put an impression together. It took me almost eight years to put together all of the parts to my USAAF impression, flight gear and everything. Keep up the good work.

The only women's item I've come across was a "WAC AREA, keep out" sign that was marked from Pinetree airbase in England which I did a post about long ago. It was an item I found very interesting. I'm still hoping I can someday find a period photo showing the sign - I know there must be one out there. Did anything in particular get you into uniform/clothing collecting? Interest in history, fashion, relative(s) in the service (or your service) or just the mild/moderate/severe addiction a lot of us seem to have?

trinitykitty24

The only women's item I've come across was a "WAC AREA, keep out" sign that was marked from Pinetree airbase in England which I did a post about long ago. It was an item I found very interesting. I'm still hoping I can someday find a period photo showing the sign - I know there must be one out there. Did anything in particular get you into uniform/clothing collecting? Interest in history, fashion, relative(s) in the service (or your service) or just the mild/moderate/severe addiction a lot of us seem to have?

A couple of guys I know restore ww2 military vehicles and started going to events and so I couple of us girls thought it would be neat to come along and we have been hooked since. We love the history and the overall look of everything back then. Its fun to learn and also teach people about that era.

That is great that you enjoy this subject matter and also displaying your uniforms in such a fine manor. I have my great aunts uniform for the CBI. I am amazed at how petite the ladies were back then. But they were growing up during the Great Depression.

Congrats on your very nice collection. I look forward to seeing more.

Semper Fi

Phil

US Victory Museum

blue flight nurse uniform

My brown eyes have turned green with envy. :D

A few years ago, one could find a variety of women's uniforms appearing on Ebay with some regularity.

Now it seems that what was once plentiful to collectors has now dried up. I can't say when the last time

I saw a complete ANC blue uniform there; never mind seeing the ETO blue ANC flight nurse uniform.

I love that uniform. You were very fortunate to have found it.

Msn

trinitykitty24

My brown eyes have turned green with envy. :D

A few years ago, one could find a variety of women's uniforms appearing on Ebay with some regularity.

Now it seems that what was once plentiful to collectors has now dried up. I can't say when the last time

I saw a complete ANC blue uniform there; never mind seeing the ETO blue ANC flight nurse uniform.

I love that uniform. You were very fortunate to have found it.

Msn

thank you, I actually found this one at a vintage store by accident and for dang cheap for what it is. they did not know what they had!!!!

Like everyone else has mentioned, that flight nurses uniform is great! Recently picked up my first nurses uniform, and it's great field, I'm in nursing school so having at least on WWII nurses uniform is a must lol!

Johan Willaert

What is the make of the bicycle...

Obviously it is not an official WW2 US Army contract women's bike, but does it have military use provenance?