show those makeshift helmet stands

WW2JAKE

GeneralCheese

Yes, just a word of advice to anyone that uses stands that don't go through the webbing:

If you have a shell on the liner, the webbing will stretch.

Yes, just a word of advice to anyone that uses stands that don't go through the webbing:

If you have a shell on the liner, the webbing will stretch.

i move the webbing on vietnam helmets to the side so it hangs freely

Heres my newest helmet stand i got from pier 1 imports. in fact i saw alot of things i could use but i was on a mission and they even happened to be reduced price! its not unusual other than the fact you dont usually find them in a house lol. but i bought it for one of my Airborne helmets and am loving it! (especially for pictures!) i'll add more tomorrow when i get time

post-125364-0-31672200-1425986857.jpg

Neat.

How much did that set you back?

The only concern I would have is the webbing would be stretched.

I would love to get one for my modern helmets and flight helmet though.

Neat.

How much did that set you back?

The only concern I would have is the webbing would be stretched.

I would love to get one for my modern helmets and flight helmet though.

$20 on sale. i wanted 2 but didnt want to spend that much :( and nah its supported with the headband mostly so it should be fine (crossing my fingers) but i took pictures with garrison caps, service caps, helmets, ear sets... only thing i had problems with was sunglasses :dry:

• 4 weeks later...

If you ever want to sell any WWII M1 helmets please tell me

might try the wanted/ trade/ for sale section if you are looking for helmets

Mercenary25

I remember awhile ago I saw two glass heads in yard sale. Was like $5 a pop. I wish I hadn't passed on it.

My suggestion: Cover it with black stocking.

I remember awhile ago I saw two glass heads in yard sale. Was like $5 a pop. I wish I hadn't passed on it.

My suggestion: Cover it with black stocking.

if i were going to alter them i'd paint the inside with either black or white paint. or as a member suggested in a separate conversation possibly painting the exterior... i have seen some made with black glass as well which looked pretty nice. but a stocking would hide the features

• 1 month later...

Recently picked up a new candidate for the makeshift helmet stand thread. This is a bowling pin that was decorated for the 101st airborne. Helmet is a late WWII, FS SB with an early Finland (Firestone and Inland stamped) paratrooper liner. I have since replaced the chin cup with a nice vintage 4-hole chin strap. Chin strap and helmet stand courtesy of Sgtdorango.

post-8230-0-35348200-1431710380.jpeg

Recently picked up a new candidate for the makeshift helmet stand thread. This is a bowling pin that was decorated for the 101st airborne. Helmet is a late WWII, FS SB with an early Finland (Firestone and Inland stamped) paratrooper liner. I have since replaced the chin cup with a nice vintage 4-hole chin strap. Chin strap and helmet stand courtesy of Sgtdorango.

thats definitely a new one!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I suppose someone had to do it, so here goes. Halloween heads mounted on carriage steps. Works well, but just faintly bizarre.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/27/93c3048d2b5cc70fd33d70f6c1e4c63f.jpg

General Apathy

anyone got some new ones to show?

post-344-0-81611700-1443448092.jpg

Hi Jake, these two are decommissioned 1930s lamp-stands, right side M1 with rayon web fibre liner, green buckle chinstrap. On the left hand side M1C light tan five grommet chin strap . . . . . .

will photograph two other converted helmet stands later.

Lewis.

Lucky 7th Armored

Forgive the TR stuff and the sloppy display, but this is what I am working with. I crudely made some helmet stands out of either plywood or pine and some dowel rods. After viewing some of your displays I think it is time for an upgrade. I was thinking some sort of wall hanger using automotive standard double sided tape to avoid drilling holes, but I am afraid the strength of the double sided tape will rip the paint off of the wall..

post-5136-0-55472000-1443466324.jpg

post-5136-0-70626300-1443466328.png

Forgive the TR stuff and the sloppy display, but this is what I am working with. I crudely made some helmet stands out of either plywood or pine and some dowel rods. After viewing some of your displays I think it is time for an upgrade. I was thinking some sort of wall hanger using automotive standard double sided tape to avoid drilling holes, but I am afraid the strength of the double sided tape will rip the paint off of the wall..

I have some in my wall to hold a piece of wood with hooks for dog tags and whistles that sort if stuff. I would not recommend it for something like a helmet it will likely do as you said and rip the paint off if not some drywall with it