Half of the Hobby?

cwnorma

Ultima Ratio Regum

Sometimes it is good that the bad folks are in the collecting hobby in order to serve as bad examples.

I remember when I was young and attended a militaria show with $10 from my dad to spend. I stopped by a medal dealer and he had a medal with a black ribbon, featuring a federal shield on an enameled star.

It looked something like this:

87fc42a8e381234e7d44d2cdad885a56.jpg

Even back then, I knew this was not one of the major US medals, so I asked the guy about it, and got, as I later realized, a mealy mouthed and evasive answer about--- "well look at the federal shield and eagle--looks like some kind of US issue."

Well, it was in my price range, so I got $5 worth of life experience.

It taught me that I needed to do my research, and not to "buy the story", and that if I have doubts, I should leave an item alone. And it taught me that not every person out there is good. Tough lesson for a young kid, but necessary...

Way too much good stuff in the world to waste time on jerks, and besides, the law prevents us from breaking the nose of every AH who really has it coming. Glad you're back Chris.

Mark,

You know me, I can't stay away too long... Thanks for the kind words.

Chris

:D

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

The only reason you could possibly say something like

this is because you have no experience in gun collecting.

US Victory Museum

I actually came to militaria from gun collecting! You might say I am a glutton for punishment :lol:

Chris