Iraq/Afghanistan 3 color desert PASGT cover

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I'm looking for some help with ID'ing this unit. The cover has a 2000 contract date and has several rips and stains.

post-153751-0-66799500-1423458341.jpg

It is marked "TRENcHE cCo 759th. I'm assuming cCo is Charlie company and the only thing I can come up with for 759th that fits the era is 759th military police. What's throwing me off is TRENcHE, I can't find anything about it and why it has an e. I'd really apreceate help finding out what this unit is. Thanks in advance.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Ah, I didn't think of that at all. Thanks guys. Now just to wait 60 years so I can access his records.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Sorry for 3 posts but on mobile I can't edit posts.

Staff Sergeant Luis R. Trenche is a native of Puerto Rico. He has been in the U.S. Army Na- tional Guard since August 1998 and is a veteran of two deployments to Iraq. His service to our nation has earned him the Iraq Campaign Medal with 3 Campaign Stars, the Bronze Star Medal, 2 Army Commendation Medals, 2 Army Achievement Medals, a Meritorious Unit Commenda- tion, the National Defense Service Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal; the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, the Armed Forces Service Medal, 2 Humanitarian Service Medals, and 2 Armed Forces Reserve Medals with Mobilization Device.

I feel like I did good for $2.50 :)

Sorry for 3 posts but on mobile I can't edit posts.

Staff Sergeant Luis R. Trenche is a native of Puerto Rico. He has been in the U.S. Army Na- tional Guard since August 1998 and is a veteran of two deployments to Iraq. His service to our nation has earned him the Iraq Campaign Medal with 3 Campaign Stars, the Bronze Star Medal, 2 Army Commendation Medals, 2 Army Achievement Medals, a Meritorious Unit Commenda- tion, the National Defense Service Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal; the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, the Armed Forces Service Medal, 2 Humanitarian Service Medals, and 2 Armed Forces Reserve Medals with Mobilization Device.

I feel like I did good for $2.50 :)

I also looked him up but am not convinced he is the owner of this particular cover. Trenche is a life long guard member which would preclude him from the MP unit. I dug and dug for this guy but came empty.

For $2.50 you did great on that cover.

• 3 months later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

It been a while but I started researching again and I believe the Trenche from the national guard is the same one. Here is my reasoning, please tell me if I am overlooking anything.

Luis R Trenche is a national guardsman in Morris county, Morris country is in New Jersey, so he is part of the New Jersey national guard, Battery B, 3rd Battalion, 112th Field Artillery of the NJ national guard were assigned to the 89th Military Police Brigade of the 759th MP Battalion, thus the 759th on the cover.

Battery B, 3rd Battalion, 112th Field Artillery was renamed C Company for Operation Iraqi Freedom, thus the C company on the cover.

Trenche has been deployed to Iraq.

Now I know I have not found any concrete proof that this Luis R Trenche is the Trenche on the cover, but I believe it is the same man.

If you can find anything about this man I'd love to hear it, and again, if you can find any flaw in my connection please tell me.

EDIT: I believe this article ties Staff Sargent Luis R Trenche to Battery B, 3rd Battalion, 112th Field Artillery.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Because the editing time of the last post timed out, this article lists him as a member of Alpha Company of the 112th Fires Battalion of the 50th Brigade Combat Team, and provides a photo large_2%20MJIRAQ.JPG

and a video of him.

Remember kids, be careful what you put on the internet! ;)

Luis R Trenche is a national guardsman in Morris county, Morris country is in New Jersey, so he is part of the New Jersey national guard, Battery B, 3rd Battalion, 112th Field Artillery of the NJ national guard were assigned to the 89th Military Police Brigade of the 759th MP Battalion, thus the 759th on the cover.

Battery B, 3rd Battalion, 112th Field Artillery was renamed C Company for Operation Iraqi Freedom, thus the C company on the cover.

I agree that this is the same soldier, however, you've got your unit designations a bit confused. C Company, 759th MP Bn, assigned to 89th MP Brigade, was formed from NJARNG soldiers pulled from several different units, including 3-112th Arty. There was a shortage of MP units in Iraq at the time and limited use for other types of combat arms units, such as field artillery, so the Army did some retraining and OJT to create more MP's.

It been a while but I started researching again and I believe the Trenche from the national guard is the same one. Here is my reasoning, please tell me if I am overlooking anything.

Trenche has been deployed to Iraq.

Now I know I have not found any concrete proof that this Luis R Trenche is the Trenche on the cover, but I believe it is the same man.

If you can find anything about this man I'd love to hear it, and again, if you can find any flaw in my connection please tell me.

EDIT: I believe this article ties Staff Sargent Luis R Trenche to Battery B, 3rd Battalion, 112th Field Artillery.

Nice research on him and his unit to turn up the connection. I'd agree with the new info that you've got the right guy. Well done.

• 8 years later...
On 2/8/2015 at 10:11 PM, Cap Camouflage Pattern I said:

I'm looking for some help with ID'ing this unit. The cover has a 2000 contract date and has several rips and stains.

post-153751-0-66799500-1423458341.jpg

It is marked "TRENcHE cCo 759th. I'm assuming cCo is Charlie company and the only thing I can come up with for 759th that fits the era is 759th military police. What's throwing me off is TRENcHE, I can't find anything about it and why it has an e. I'd really apreceate help finding out what this unit is. Thanks in advance.

Hello, I just saw this. SGT Trenche was (is) one of our soldiers. He was the CO Supply SGT in Al-Adamiyah (Camp Cuervo) in SE Baghdad OIF II.