Case, Small Arms, Ammunition, M16A1 Rifle

Justin

Hello all, Looks like I finally got my hands on a set of these. Mint m16 "short" mag pouches, Both are marked the same on the inside of the flap and are in unissued condition very very nice! Both are dated 1968 see pictures below, So since they hard to find like this I thought some of the Vietnam Collectors would like to see them thumbsup.gif

Inside marking: Both the same

Case, Small arms

Ammunition, M16A1 Rifle

8465-935-4971

DSA 100-68-C-1104

Hope you enjoy them! :)

post-2305-1216150259.jpg

post-2305-1216150265.jpg

Justin,

nice find.

These are really quite hard to get....

Congratualtions!

Patrick.

Thanks, what do you think both are these would be worth? I'm not sure if I have paid or got a deal! :lol:

I remember those when I was in the AF Security Police. We carried two of them. We carried 3, 20 round mags in each one.. We only carried 18 rounds per mag tho.. That was 108 rounds altogether.. Cant believe those are hard to get thumbsup.gif

They should hold four mag's each. Nice score thumbsup.gif . I would guess around $25-30.00 a pop, mabey a little more if the person is looking for clean one's.

post-3273-1216170234.jpg

I would guess around $25-30.00 a pop, maybe a little more if the person is looking for clean one's.

Full size Vietnam era canvas mag pouches are now retailing for those prices, the short pouches are at least twice that amount at retail. Prices for all Nam era canvas webbing are skyrocketing between demand from collectors, re-enactors, and Airsoft players.

I remember those when I was in the AF Security Police. We carried two of them. We carried 3, 20 round mags in each one.. We only carried 18 rounds per mag tho.. That was 108 rounds altogether.. Cant believe those are hard to get thumbsup.gif

don't want to wear out those springs! the principle still applies

Then I found this, just one pouch nothing more.

$50.00 US it sold for

I'm starting to think I did VERY well. :lol:

Justin you did indeed.

I paid $60 for a single on the last day of the "SOS" in Februrary...i have seen them go for even more on ebay.

These are really sought after.

Patrick.

Justin you did indeed.

I paid $60 for a single on the last day of the "SOS" in Februrary...i have seen them go for even more on ebay.

These are really sought after.

Patrick.

Thanks for the info! :)