A pretty good week!

As always, ive been at it! Can't seem to get it out of my system! I have been finding patches left and right for the last year, hopefully that doesnt let up!

First up, i found a large batch of patches, but only pictured the cut edge ones. I think the 101st is a post War example, but its nice to find one with the tab.

Then i picked up a small Special Forces insignia group. No name with it. Not sure if its put together, but for the price I paid, i doubt it, but ill never know.

This morning I visited the son of a Vet who served with the 90th ID in WWII. Nothing really crazy, some cool nazi smalls and a couple of DI's i havent identified yet. The RH PAL 36 was a nice surprise, i wasnt expecting that when i stopped in. There is no use on it at all.

Lastly is the real keeper of the bunch and the reason i have been selling off some of my nicer uniforms on the forum lately. The chance to pick up a righteous 1911A1 Ithaca .45, dated 1943 doesnt come around very often. Its in great shape. It walked into a Michigan gun shop still in the holster attached to the belt about 20 years ago. its been a friends collection ever since. I was glad I was able to buy it!

As always, comments welcome, and i hope you enjoy some of my new finds!

post-52765-0-22455200-1423447089.jpg

post-52765-0-01587000-1423447090.jpg

Always looking for named items from Detroit area Vets!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Nice pick up on the patches and pins really like the 101st you got there. And I say you made a good deal on getting that pistol it's is very sweet. I would have sold what I had to also to take a chance at that bad boy. She looks to me in almost mint condition I would like to see some up close pics of her. If you get a chance start a thread in the firearms section with some more pics I'm sure me and the guys would love to see it.

Nice pick up on the patches and pins really like the 101st you got there. And I say you made a good deal on getting that pistol it's is very sweet. I would have sold what I had to also to take a chance at that bad boy. She looks to me in almost mint condition I would like to see some up close pics of her. If you get a chance start a thread in the firearms section with some more pics I'm sure me and the guys would love to see it.

For sure. I will get some more pictures of the .45 this week! It shows a little wear but its in really nice shape.

Always looking for named items from Detroit area Vets!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.