1941 Life Magazine Color Photos of US Military uniforms

Old Marine

I found these photos on the Google/Life Photo Archive. According to the original captions in the archive all these photos were taken in 1941by Life magazine photographers with the assistance of the Army, Navy and Marine Corps.

The photos are pretty good quality and I thought that they may be of some interest and use as a reference. These photos show some interesting details of pre war/early war uniforms.

There are a lot of photos so please be patient while I add photos. I hope you guys find these useful.

Dennis

US Army Officer with Sam Browne belt and sword hanger. Looking at the Branch Insignia I think he is a Coast Artillery officer.

post-2843-0-77155300-1423323570.jpg

Army Enlisted, Infantry OD Field Uniform. Notice the Army didn't seem to mind the mismatched color on the field gear, OD Cartridge belt and khaki belt suspenders.

post-2843-0-26863100-1423325321.jpg

USMC Staff NCO Dress Blues. I think his ribbons are not in the correct order of precedence, it happens. The Marine Expeditionary Medal, 2nd Nicaragua Campaign and Yangtze Service, I think this Staff Sergeant qualifies as a member of the "Old Breed". I like the Photo.

post-2843-0-55475200-1423326595.jpg