WWII dated. Dog jacket?

USdog

I found this in a lot of other WWII era stuff. Seller stated it was a dog coat? Is that right?

It has a QM tag on it, maybe that will help? I haven't seen anything like this.

Any input is appreciated.

post-93633-0-43053300-1423254419.jpg

post-93633-0-91778500-1423254427.jpg

Check out my online collection of dog tags... http://historicdogtags.com LOOKING FOR DOG TAGS.... CIVIL WAR, WWI, WWII, KOREAN WAR, AND VIETNAM.PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING! I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF IM INTERESTED.THANKS,USDOG

Yes, there is an example of one on page 114 in Volume one of the US Army ETO Collector's guide by Henri-Paul Enjames

WANTED

American Red Cross items from the Vietnam War Era.

Signal Operating Instructions (SOI) and Standing Signal Instructions (SSI) books from 1960-1973.

Lol. You're right! I didn't even think to look in this book. Interesting!

post-93633-0-71679400-1423255030.jpg

Check out my online collection of dog tags... http://historicdogtags.com LOOKING FOR DOG TAGS.... CIVIL WAR, WWI, WWII, KOREAN WAR, AND VIETNAM.PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING! I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF IM INTERESTED.THANKS,USDOG

Too cool lol

Looking to buy US dog tags, any era. Contact me and let me know what you have!

Pretty neat item.

-Dave

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

Very neat! We have an example made by the girlfriend of a serviceman that was worn when she (the dog) returned to the US from the South Pacific so they'd all have matching, patched out Service coats while they were home on leave!

donation2012.gif

donation2014.gif

donation2015.gif

donation2019.gif

blitzkrieg gsd

That's very cool the kind of stuff I love to find and never do. Your a lucky dog let me know if you decide to sell it.

That's a very neat item you got! I didn't even know that the book had that in there. Wouldn't have guessed to check mine out!

Very neat! We have an example made by the girlfriend of a serviceman that was worn when she (the dog) returned to the US from the South Pacific so they'd all have matching, patched out Service coats while they were home on leave!

Would love to see that example!

D

WWII-KW
Uniforms, Insignia, SSIs, Badges, Medals, Ribbons

I actually bought one in the 80's in one of the last batches of surplus to be found in a "non-surplus store." Bought it because I had no idea what it was, but it looked WW2, Took years to find out, and the number of ideas people had about it now seems pretty funny.

Very cool! I definitely need to learn more about service dogs.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

INTERESTED IN WWII ITEMS RELATED TO THE

CORPS OF ENGINEERS

Thanks for the comments guys. This is really interesting. I didn't even know these existed... Any pictures of them in use?