Rod bayonet 1903 Springfield

White Walker

I want to share a photo with you guys of some rifles of mine that some of you might get a kick out of seeing. I might be able to only post one photo at this time until I can figure out how to downsize the others to allow them to download too. I'll figure it out soon. Ill take some more photos of each rifle and try to downsize them to post here. This is a test for me to learn how to post the photos I'm having a tough time with. Hopefully this photo will post.

The sharpness of the photo was lost. I'll figure out what happened...

post-157515-0-03675700-1423203722.jpg

I'm happy that you guys like the photo's! Here is another that I've somehow managed to reduce in size enough to post and yet keep relatively in sharp focus...

post-157515-0-80287000-1423249903.jpg

I'm glad that you like it Todd. I just kinda Forest Gump'd my way onto it. It didn't cost me any more than a really nice M1 Garand would've. Otherwise I'd still be dreaming about finding one, all the while knowing that I really never would. Well, so much for knowing, eh? LOL. It took 60 years to stumble onto one, but by golly it sure happened! :)

Fred,

Outstanding collection, and of course, fantastic early M1903! What year was yours made?

Thank you for sharing it,

RC

Fred,

Very nice! Only a few hundred numbers higher than Theodore Roosevelt's custom rifle. According to Brophy (IIRC) it was 6300.

RC

Wow, just 413 numbers off. Interesting! Thanks. I've successfully taken some more pictures with the iPhone that allows me to choose the size of my photo's. Seems to work! I'll put some more on real quick...