Army Dress Cap

Reb8

Picked this up this weekend. Does anyone have a photo of the rest of the uniform? Cap appears black more then blue.

Reb8

post-3217-1216094163.jpg

Reb8,

It appears to be a Service cap for the Dress Blues of an Artillery Officer.

Bill

Bill-

There's also some yellow between the red and gold, so it's the Ordnance branch.

Kurt

Laury Allison
Bill-

There's also some yellow between the red and gold, so it's the Ordnance branch.

Kurt

I would agree that it is an Ordnance Company Grade Officer (2nd LT, 1st LT, or Captain).

Majors through Colonel get "scrambled eggs" on the brim. General Officers go to black as thier branch color, and get even more braid.

Laury

I would agree that it is an Ordnance Company Grade Officer (2nd LT, 1st LT, or Captain).

Majors through Colonel get "scrambled eggs" on the brim. General Officers go to black as thier branch color, and get even more braid.

Laury

Laury

I got this photo from a web site. It is a little different. Has the "scrambled eggs" like you said. My hat does have a darker band of yellow top and bottom of the red. Officers Field Grade is how it is identified.

Reb8

post-3217-1216126617.jpg

Laury

I got this photo from a web site. It is a little different. Has the "scrambled eggs" like you said. My hat does have a darker band of yellow top and bottom of the red. Officers Field Grade is how it is identified.

Reb8

post-3217-1216126617.jpg

The hat with braid is field grade the first hat is company grade ord worn with the officer dress blues uniform ( formal dress , also with mess dress and dress whites.