2 Buckle Artic Overshoes

Hey t_player, If these were the 4 buckle version of the Arctic Overshoe, I would say the are relatively common in mint condition like you show. But after I did a double take, I have never heard of or seen the two buckle version like what you show. They are shorter than the four buckle pair and being 1940 dated, I assume that they were an early version of the overshoe. I would say these are rare, especially with them being in mint condition with the tags still in them. Congrats on you find!!

Bob

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his country" George Pattons speech to the Third Army.

donation2008.gif

Thinks Bob for your opinion. Date wise like you say these probably were introduced before the 4 buckle cloth top. The two buckles on these have a much wider gap between them then found on the four buckle cloth top also.

The double buckle cloth overshoe was a pre/early war item, gradually replaced by the rubber and cloth four buckle types.
It is getting harder, but they can still be found in mint condition. All the pairs I have seen were spec.20-6A Revised.

Always looking for mint condition WW2 US combat gear, equipment, helmets and uniforms -