One of my favorite "spoils of war"

Eric Queen

• 6 months later...

Just saw this awesome find these have been written about for years most believe due to lack of period pictures were warehouse finds as Eric mentioned I have seen his rare paratroop items on other forums I think there was one in one of the Ardennes meuseums. timothy d

It is the connections that matter most. I remember in the 90s I first ran into an old WW2 engineer who would setup at shows. Bought all his Dachau finds which have since made the way into other advanced collections including some of the rare brigadefuhrer tabs. Charlie Suggs was his name. Setup my first table right next to his for the TMCA show in Franklin TN. Once he passed away his presence was very missed by me. Still miss that old soldier to this day.

Its nice when items like this come full circle.

American Graffiti

Outstanding, proof positive of those old stories everyone has heard.

Thanks for showing, does make one think what was to be had back then..

AG

• 1 month later...

What an ICONIC piece of Special Forces History.

These Waffen-SS Jump Smock are often associated with Otto Skorzeny's SS-Jagdverbande.

This is an item i would call ULTRA RARE, very few are known to have survived and in personal collections today.

Luckily i didn't know of this sale or it would be proudly displayed in my collection..... Great find Eric

Duck hunting... LOL! Love WWII Vets...

I know a Pacific Vet in the NE that was in the Phillipines and occupied Japan at war's end. He sent a small Japanese aircraft engine home, and made a swamp air boat from it when he got home.

i know of 2 of those that came out of the northern ky,cinncy area,guy i re-enacted with had one,got it off of the vet that brought it back,vet used the other for duck hunting(really!)

My father was at Dachau-we used to have pics, but they are lost.

He reported seeing this stuff being carried out and burnt over several days.

There is only one unit in military history that is correctly identified as "Special Forces."

The term has been quite muddied in recent times by folks unclear on the subject.

• 1 month later...