Fitting ANB-H-1 Receivers to a RAF Type C Helmet?

Nic

I recently picked up a nice second pattern RAF type C helmet. Unfortunately, over the course of its life, the rubber ear cups were cut off at some point. Since I have some ANB-H-1 receivers, I thought that I would try to replicate a Type C that was used by the USAAF.

My plan was to tape the receivers in using white medical tape. However, I was wondering if anyone knew if the receivers fit into the rubber holes where the red arrow is pointing or if they rode on the outside rim where the blue arrow is pointing? If they fit where the red arrow is pointing, it is going to be a very tight to get them in and before I forced anything, I figured I'd better ask first! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

post-330-0-47535800-1422647826.jpg

You'd need the reciever cups to make it work. Tried the same idea but finally realized getting the cups replaced is the way to go. Stephen Silburn from Sefton Clothing in England does a great. Job.

Dan , you beat me too it buddy !! I know of another guy here in the UK who does fantastic work on C types

Let me know if you need his contact details

LB

For what it's worth, here is an no tape version of an RAF Type C with the ANB-H-1 receivers in. They don't fit very well and if you look at photos of no tape versions you can see they are in at all kinds of goofy angles.

The second is a taped RAF Type C. I got lucky to get this one as I really wanted an actual wartime taped version. A bit beat up but you can see how they used the black friction tape to hold in the receivers.

The no tape version is the helmet Stephen Silburn replaced the cut off receiver cups for me.

post-68384-0-93769500-1422668472.jpg

post-68384-0-52335200-1422668481.jpg

Thanks for the photos 38Driver. Those help out a lot. I had thoughts of just fitting the ANBs in as best as I could, then taping them up without the cups. I still might try it, but went ahead and e-mailed Stephen anyway. If the costs are not that bad, I'll probably just send it to him to have it done right.