This weeks New Acquisitions

Jay V

Hi Guys

Well here's todays new additions to my new collecting field. Been lucky lately finding some nice pieces.Any comments are appreciated.Thanks Jay

post-564-0-09219200-1422485149.jpg

The M.P. badge should be marked GOV'T PROPERTY on the pin mount.

Th larger AF firefighter badge is the older style and smaller one newer.The small eagle badge is for AF SP/LE qualification basic.

The pin is marked Gov. property,and you are correct on the firefighters,but can you give me some extra info on the qualification badge,what were they qualifying for? Thanks Jay

It is the original style Security Police qualification badge, basic.The also had senior(star) & master (star & wreath).They were used up until the SP career field was renamed Security Forces (SF), which I think was in early 90's.After technical school they would be awarded this badge.

• 2 years later...

To date this is my current badge collection. I am new to the hobby of collecting badges, and studied a little bit prior to buying my first Air force Security Police Badge back in May (over paid). Since then I have acquired an Air Police Shield 4th generation and several badges from other branches as shown. Any advise/tips about the hobby or what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

post-169825-0-06329000-1501345898.png