Thompson butt stocks found

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

Hit an older junk store that has been more closed than open. I'd seen this box before so while I had an opportunity, I'd thought I'd snap a picture and post it to the forum. I didn't get a price, but they are for sale. Interests?

post-9131-0-07659100-1422483471.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

I think it's pretty cool they're still in the crate...I'd pick them up just like that if they weren't too expensive. Best ABN

Found a crate of them too. Cleaned them up, revived the stock, and put some on eBay. They don't sell often or well because while they are neat, there are a ton of them everywhere, but almost never any hardware, which is the limiting factor. Now, find a big crate of the hardware, you could make a mint. I wouldn't go out and buy them thinking you will make any money. Sorry to be a downer, but not worth your time unless you get them for nothing and then undercut everyone else selling them.

I wouldn't waste my time on them if your sole purpose is to sling them on eBay, someone just cropped up with some and is starting them at $5 with a BIN price of $15.

If that's the original wooden case with stenciling on the outside indicating what the case contains, that would be an interesting item if it were cheap enough.

Steve

easterneagle87

FYI folks, The gal who is selling his stuff spoke with him and here's what he said.

He's asking $10 each for singles, or $300 for a crate of 50. Says he has 3 crates. I do not know if this includes to open crate I shot the picture of.

Obviously this does not include shipping. I would ask a couple of bucks for finders fee, not much, just a bit to cover my efforts. I work for cheap. Shipping a crate would have to be about $90, possibly more. I have a 1906 Cav pack saddle on ebay and it is, with packing material, $100 to ship as far as Maine. These are in Northern California.

I did post this in the "For Sale" section as I am not technically not selling them. I would just be a through put.

You need to buy them and slowly put them on ebay. Lets look at this in a commons sense perspective. Unless you can make them into a piece of WWII "Art" (aka lamp base) the demand is not that high as there are not a whole lot of original guns out there. I know people sitting on parts kits worth $200.00 and the owners think they are worth $1000.00. If you buy them, just use common sense.

Yes we NEED carbine stocks. That would be the proverbial home run. Carbines are still a good investment...and better for making lamps.

...the lamps thing is a joke.