Put together ETO uniform?

ocsfollowme

I am a complete novice when it comes to uniforms and tunics, but I think this is wrong ;) concerning the orientation of the ETO patch. Being that it is upside down.

The seller may not have put together this for economic gain (BIN of $20, but could have) or long ago the children of the veteran could have sewed back on their father's patches.

In any case, gives me a chuckle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Army-WW2-Military-Wool-Shirt-With-Patches-size-17-35-/321654033488?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae4130c50

$_57.JPG?rt=nc

Captainofthe7th

I don't think that's a Navy discharge patch. It looks like the normal rayon dark green that would be on any variety of Army uniforms. Now that I think about it, I've only ever seen embroidered on wool Navy discharge patches...

I think the uniform is fine. There have been stranger things than an upside down patch.

Rob

I don't think that's a Navy discharge patch. It looks like the normal rayon dark green that would be on any variety of Army uniforms. Now that I think about it, I've only ever seen embroidered on wool Navy discharge patches...

I think the uniform is fine. There have been stranger things than an upside down patch.

Rob

I agree. I'd say its fine too

Rob

It looked black/navy blue to me.

Looks fine to me. I remember watching a documentary with Ike and a bunch of top brass talking and one of the generals steps into the shot and his 9th Army patch had the "A" pointing forward like an arrowhead.

Nothing wrong with the patch combo (3rd Army/Advanced Base) on this shirt.Pretty typical ETO units and often this combination was seen worn by RedBall express vets.Seen the patch sewn on upside down a few times.Not really worth the trouble to fake a shirt/uniform like this as the patches and units are very common.