BROBS

Ok I've seen enough from this ebay seller... Altered pinbacks

This guy busts the long pins off of awards and installs all the same pinback on everything. Wings... CIB's etc.

Here's an obvious one. CIB clearly marked S-21 on the back which dates it way past ww2.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281570386600

On my phone or I'd link pictures.

From his auctions it looks like he buys long pin/more modern wings and CIB's and breaks the pins off the back and replaces them with a pinback.

Everything he sells has nearly the same if not the same pin setup. And he is tricky by adding these to not only modern badges, but some good ww2 ones as well. Then adding legit ww2 items in the lots. Though in the one linked nothing is ww2 era.

I hope nobody has wasted a cent with this bubba garage jeweler. He's messed with enough stuff already.

-Brian

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Ebay seller's name is jerbarz with 100% positive feedback :rolleyes:

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2017.gif

The paratrooper wing (eBay # 271750139192) that is listed has also been altered as I have never seen this post war piece with a straight pin back.

donation2008.gif

I'm sure if we keep watching the auctions we could have a laundry list of fudgery.

-Brian

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2017.gif

One time I bought some collar insignia discs from him that he said were WWII, but when I got them they were mostly new modern made insignia discs.

donation2015.gif

Did he take a return?

These are the guys on eBay we need to watch.... They know just enough about what people (especially new collectors) look for in insignia like pinbacks, Sterling marks, etc to fudge modern stuff to look good for a newer collector.

I know when I first started collecting CIB's I nearly bought a couple CIBs from him that I now know were simply clutchbacks that had been altered. No wonder they seemed like such a great deal.

-Brian

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2017.gif

You can see the heat marks on the front of the badge (discoloration)

Pvt. James H. Honey 1st Md. Eastern shore Vol. Inf. Co. D (union) Gettysburg
Pvt. George Eddie Lear 26th Inf. Co.H 1st Div .(WW1) P.H. WIA Cpl. Richard Elsea 268th C.A. Bn. Battery A. WW2 SSgt. Grant Elsea 314th Inf. Hq.Co. I.R.79thDiv. WW2
Cpl. Harry Lawrence Butler Jr 23rd Regt. WIA Korea Lt. George Olin Tilghman 111th MG. 29th Div. WW1 DIS France 1919
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Is there anything that we can get ebay to do? how?

I report everything as fraud but when ebay looks at it how do they know what is fraudulent???

Unless they collect WW2 the listing will look OK.

one of the worst is that "observer" wing that is simply an aircrew with the disc removed...

I'm banging my head right now.

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2017.gif

Unfortunately, I don't know if we can get ebay to do anything. Like you said eBay has no clue to the authenticity of military items. Ebay is only going to do something if he starts getting lots of negative feedback.

donation2015.gif

Is there anything that we can get ebay to do? how?

I report everything as fraud but when ebay looks at it how do they know what is fraudulent???

Unless they collect WW2 the listing will look OK.

one of the worst is that "observer" wing that is simply an aircrew with the disc removed...

I'm banging my head right now.

Not really, and us trying to be ebay police isn't working either lol we just need to hope that enough people see our posts on the USMF as guests or members and will learn from it. Including who to and not to buy from

USMF'S LEADING COLLECTOR OF USAAF BLUE BACK WINGS

LOOKING TO BUY SINGLES, ON UNIFORMS, OR COLLECTIONS

ALONG WITH AIRBORNE TROOP CARRIER

TENNESSEE MILITARY COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION

BE SURE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK ON ME:

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I can't understand why some Ebay categories are extremely policed and some are not. I was selling some of my wife's inherited Civil War items and some of my listings were pulled off numerous times due to "someone" feeling the item was just not right....even though I explained who I was, why I was selling, do your own research, I'm not an expert, etc. No questions asked...someone reported it and it was gone. However, I've seen SO many WWII items listed wrong and intentionally done so but that never gets a look by Ebay. I bet I could list this computer as a rare "1st Experimental" from the Manhattan Project and it would not be questioned.

Jeez what a bum...using his jewlers skills for screwing people...?...mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

I EMAILED THAT JERK AND TOLD HIM HIS CRAP HAS BEEN ID'ED AS CRAP---------- NEVER GOT BACK TO ME AT ALL TO DISPUTE IT OR WHAT

post-73-0-59262200-1422809098.jpg

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifpost-2-0-82042400-1545944020.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

As a relatively new collector I appreciate these posts and the heads up on this fraud. Will make a point of sharing the info with others so they hopefully don't get taken. If it doesn't already exist, maybe the forum needs a "Fraudulent Retailers" list that potential buyers can reference.

Red State Ranger

Honoring Our Veterans...Commemorating Their Service...Remembering Their Sacrifice

Technical Sergeant George "Rip" Winkler, USAAF, 100th Bomb Squadron, 42nd Bomb Group, 13th Air Force

I've seen rifle barrels & chamber bolts together sell on e-bay, I laugh. If that's not a rifle I don't know what is......

Pvt. George Eddie Lear 26th Inf. Co.H 1st Div .(WW1) P.H. WIA Cpl. Richard Elsea 268th C.A. Bn. Battery A. WW2 SSgt. Grant Elsea 314th Inf. Hq.Co. I.R.79thDiv. WW2
Cpl. Harry Lawrence Butler Jr 23rd Regt. WIA Korea Lt. George Olin Tilghman 111th MG. 29th Div. WW1 DIS France 1919

I'd like to get a few broken pieces repaired, maybe he can do it....LOL

I EMAILED THAT JERK AND TOLD HIM HIS CRAP HAS BEEN ID'ED AS CRAP---------- NEVER GOT BACK TO ME AT ALL TO DISPUTE IT OR WHAT

I did the same thing.. told him that nothing he was selling was correct.

never responded.

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2017.gif

Ok his names are JEBARM and JEBARZ Here is an offering with a fake wing in the middle and the top had a replaced pin. Bottom has been messed with too. Steer clear of all offerings from this seller. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=381136613257

I'm not critiquing you in any way but I wanted to add his names for future searchability. There is an "r" in the names.

jerbarz

jerbarm

Ed

donation2015.gif

Thank you. Yes I must have mistyped!

Ebay seller of military insignia wings CIBs etc

Jerbarz

Jerbarm

I'm glad you brought this up I think we need to keep this thread alive until it's not worth it for him to do the altering anymore.

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2017.gif

As a relatively new collector I appreciate these posts and the heads up on this fraud. Will make a point of sharing the info with others so they hopefully don't get taken. If it doesn't already exist, maybe the forum needs a "Fraudulent Retailers" list that potential buyers can reference.

I agree with RedStateRanger, what are others opinions on starting a list of known "Fraudulent Retailers" that can be used as a reference on the forum?

Or maybe we should or I should have started the thread titled with the guys' screen names and people could post in the thread and draw their own conclusions about the seller. Which should be easy to do with this type of evidence. I think labeling all sellers suspected of this type of activity as fraudulent could be setting someone up for potential legal hassle.

Maybe a mod could change the title of the thread to : JERBARZ / JERBARM Ebay Seller of Insignia, Wings, CIB, etc. ?

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2017.gif