vmf [n] 541 patch ww2 usmc pilot H P Boyden

deadpeoplesjunk

deadpeoplesjunk

I still gotta take a pic of his vest, can't find a date on it, but his fighting knife has a Japanese Mitsubishi data tag wrapped around the scabbard. didn't even see that till after I bought the group.

deadpeoplesjunk

oops, forgot his helo patch from later service, even got his helo logs and his commercial helo log, seems Alaska helicopter had a bunch of maintenance problems when he flew for them! lol

post-4108-0-46288700-1424732119.jpg

What a great grouping! Appreciate you taking time to post some pretty awesome pics. The patches are outstanding, especially that vmfn541, and with photos of it on his jacket.

regards,

pat

deadpeoplesjunk

No, Thank all of you for the info! Very enlightening! This group by the way, was saved from the trash. [not by me, but by the guy I got it from] According to him there were a lot more albums and books that were totally water damaged and he told me they were unsalvageable , though I wish I had had the chance to see them before they were trashed.I'll try to post some pics of the rest of the group, mostly books, a pilots clip board, operation scorpion books, the clipboard still has all his papers related to the F9F-6. NO pics of his later stuff. I found his jet helmet had apparently been sold on ebay by someone up north along with his framed naval aviators certificate. I'll try to post pics of his vest over the next couple days, his personal knife has a data tag from Mitsubishi wrapped around it, I was hoping someone here might be able to translate it and tell me if it was from a Japanese zero, or maybe a pickup! lol. Thanks again all!

deadpeoplesjunk

What the heck, if I don't get these on know it will be another week before I have time! lol. heres a few pics of the vest, clipboard, and some really weird things with cartoons on them that I have no idea, one is missing the strap, they almost look like some kinda jockstrap1 lol

post-4108-0-12827800-1424819112.jpg