18th Airborne Corps Unit help

cavcon

I have this beret and it appears to have a standard 18th Airborne corps flash on it with an outline of an unknown DI. This is the way I got the beret and was wondering if anyone can ID the DI by the outline of the impression. I would appreciate any help... Thanks.

post-20824-0-34990000-1422384079.jpg

I believe that is the 7th ADA Regt. dui. 1st Bn 7tn ADA was a unit of the 108th ADA Bde which was / is assigned to the XVIII Airborne Corps.

Not sure if still assigned or not. Also think this unit was not on jump status.

Thanks guys.. It does look like the 7th ADA would work, assuming they were on jump status to wear the beret? Also, would there be any chance that flash was worn by any other units?? I doubt but thought I would ask. Thanks. again...

flashesandovals

1/7 ADA it is! 108th ADA BDE.

They wore the beret and this flash with the 107th ADA BDE SSI W/ABN TAB.

I do not think they were on jump status though...it was just part of the uniform due to their affiliation to the Corps.

Many other DUIs have been worn on that flash too...

2/44 ADA also wore this flash, but no oval and the AASLT Badge (if qualified) in combination with the 101st ABN SSI...

Flash, oval, DUI & SSI combinations are amoungst the most complicated and fastest changing areas of US Army insignia collecting. (besides Orders of Battle)...

Well thank you to all.. I appreciate the help. I am a bit surprised that the unit would wear an airborne beret but not be on jump status. I guess the army can do whatever they want. Thank you again.. Allen