Getting unpacked

Well we are getting settled in to the new place in Alaska and I just put up some shelves in the new war room. It's been 6 months with stuff in storage and it was almost like opening presents breaking into the moving boxes.

These aren't organised yet but they are out of the boxes. I still have several to put away but I will need to build some more shelves.

Awesome. it's good to hear of another member here in the land of the midnight sun. There is a pretty good group of guys in Anchorage who collect military vehicles. I have randomly stumbled upon a few of their shows when I was in A town. I think was these guys:

http://www.akmvpa.com/home

You should keep an eye out for their next event. They have some great vehicles.

Awesome. it's good to hear of another member here in the land of the midnight sun. There is a pretty good group of guys in Anchorage who collect military vehicles. I have randomly stumbled upon a few of their shows when I was in A town. I think was these guys:

http://www.akmvpa.com/home

You should keep an eye out for their next event. They have some great vehicles.

Thanks, I actually already did some trading with one of the guys. He had quite a collection of vehicles tires and tracks etc... Looks like a pretty cool group and the guy I met was very generous with info and a tour of his fleet..

mattsmilitary

Thats a great helmet collection, you have quite a bit of USMC covers on the top rack. Love it.

Thanks for posting

When in Fairbanks check out two-dice pawn shop, they have a lot of military stuff there. The surplus shop in town was high priced and you couldn't go exploring, unless its changed since I was there. :D

The rack is made up of shelves from Lowes, I found them in the closet organizer section. They are wood not melamine and my boy and I put them up in about 2 hours. We didn't use any of the closet hardware just the shelves, screws, a stud finder, a level, and a measuring tape. Its made up of 72 inch shelves, 1 for each side and the rest strung across bottom to top. Shelves run less than $50 per. So not cheap but less than $500. If you space the shelves about 11 inches apart, pack the pots tight side to side and don't stack them as I did on the top shelf you can get 8 per row, 8 rows, and 64 lids.

If you buy some of the other closet pieces you can hang poles, drawers, etc... and have room for uniforms and some extra storage.

Thanks,

Thanks I hope to get the rest unpacked over the weekend.

..."the rest"?!! ?....holy smokes! That is a nice rack indeed! :)

Can't wait to see "the rest" ;)

Rick

Nice to see you getting settled in Dwight. The helmet rack looks great, I'm green with envy! Keep us posted as the war room comes together.

D

Nice to see you back and up and running ;):)

Good to be back Brother, now I just need to get the other 30 0r so boxes unpacked and the rest of the shelves built. :huh:

Nice to see you getting settled in Dwight. The helmet rack looks great, I'm green with envy! Keep us posted as the war room comes together.

You got it my Friend, how goes the military currency and ordinance collecting?