Struck Gold today - M3 Flak Helmet Named

WW2JAKE

this came in today, obviously painted gold and no flaps, but the webbing is absolutely beautiful. has a name and some arrows (any clue what the arrows are about?)

post-125364-0-62860500-1422225332.jpgpost-125364-0-24465500-1422225334.jpg

Nice! Are you going to restore it?

that is a big decision I have to make because it's almost impossible to find parts for them so I'd likely have to make them myself... might end up selling it

man, I would goof-off that gold paint so fast.....

Nice lid BTW!

I am debating that as it would likely not save the "fuzz" finish on the outside (which can be felt on the dark part of the outside) so im not sure goof-off wouldn't do more harm then good

Parts for this are hard to come by and would probably not be "worth it" to restore. However, if you strip the gold and pair it with a flight helmet or tanker stuff then who knows might be a good display.

The thing about goof off, or any stripper for that matter is you need to be very careful. If you use q-tips, patience and goof off you can remove exactly what you want to and no more.

The thing about goof off, or any stripper for that matter is you need to be very careful. If you use q-tips, patience and goof off you can remove exactly what you want to and no more.

i think no matter what the fuzz is gone