Photography "Studio" Tips

I am updating my collection inventory and will be photographing every item at least once. I would like to know what other forum member's "studios" look like so I can get an idea of what all I need. Also if forum members have any tips for photographing military items do tell.

All comments are welcomed.

Army Strong.

Interested in items related to:

-Amarillo A.A.F. / Amarillo Air Force Base

-Military instillations located in the Texas Panhandle, South Plains, and West Texas.

-"F" Company, 142nd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division (Texas National Guard)

-413th Civil Affairs Battalion (USAR)

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2019.gif

In Memoriam:

CSM Juan H. Hernandez - U.S. Army WWII, Korea, Vietnam

RM1c William C. Denney - U.S.S. McDermut (DD-677) Korea

You just can't beat natural light for photography. If it's a decent day and the sun is out, don't hesitate to take them outside!

Don't worry...we all get funny looks from the neighbors. Haha

Visit My 76th Division Collection Website!

http://76thdivisioncollection.blogspot.com/

Always looking for 76th Infantry Division Items and Information!!

385th, 304th, and 417th Infantry Regiments : 355th, 364th, 901st, 302nd Field Artillery Battalions

301st Medical and 301st Engineer Battalions

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

A neutral color backdrop, dont use the flash on your camera, even lighting and Photoshop. If using lighting and you want to go all out you can get two spot lights and put one on each side of the subject at 45 degrees then one more pointing straight on.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gif

donation2017.gif

There are some great threads on this, to include my own: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/214611-my-traveling-medal-photography-kit/

:)

I've had a few set ups for photographing uniforms over the years...here's one of them...

PhotoStudio.jpg

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Here's another, slightly more sophisticated...

Studio.jpg

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif