Vietnam SF Group

z19

RichiesRelics

What a score! Really good enough to wait for. Just too bad we had to lose another vet for it to come available

It is too bad, but as militaria collectors we preserve these items and the history behind them. We save these items from being thrown in the trash and lost to time. So that man's legacy WILL live on even though he isn't here.

WOW!! Incredible find, congrats! I can only wonder what is sitting in some of those pockets and in the totes... You should definitely post some updates as you're going through everything!

All I can say is...WOW

BTW, and I know this may sound odd, but if there are any objects you don't want and you don't sell or trade away, the Special Warfare Museum on Ft. Bragg is always looking for items for their collection, even if it's photocopies of documents and good-quality photographs of items. All of the USASOC historians utilize the collection for research, so it isn't [always] just locked away to never see the light of day or be appreciated.

glad you were there to get it all! congrats!

Absolutely stunning..! A great honor for you to be the care taker of your friend's collection.

It is an amazing group. Thanks for sharing :)

Best

Martin

Thanks guys!! I had time to go through the large cardboard box and there was some neat paperwork in there. I'm not as informed on Vietnam stuff as I need to be, but there is some great 5th group paperwork and awards lists. Still digging....

Glad you are taking care of it and preserving the history. Way before my time, I'm back with my brothers adding another chapter our desert history.

CD