US Navy Nurse-Pearl Harbor December 7, 1941

will m.

Thought I would post this........I will be posting more on the complete grouping later, in the proper forum. For now here is what I consider a rather nice example of a "thumb-print" ID tag...........she was in triage during the attack.

post-4098-0-45244000-1422140493.jpg

post-4098-0-05321000-1422140503.jpg

Thank you for your comment........Ensign Houck's white work dress, worn that morning is one of the items along with her soon to be husband's uniform......he was a Doctor on the USS Oklahoma........I'm getting a little slow these days so posting the group will be a few days out.

Very nice.

Can't wait to see the group.

RC

Thank you for your appreciation. No doubt.....this was worn that morning along with her white work dress, all included in her grouping.

Awesome! Quite possibly the one worn on that day.

No speculation on the part of Nurse Houck.......this came directly from her. The rest will be shown as I am able.

Nice, but whether it was worn or not is speculation. Would like to see the rest!

501stGeronimo

No speculation on the part of Nurse Houck.......this came directly from her. The rest will be shown as I am able.

Did she say specifically that this WAS work on the 7th. If so, yiu may want to get it in writing for future generations.

Letter is in hand.............you seem to have a somewhat negative view of my post.

Sometimes the number of post from a member of the forum doesn't necessarily reflect that individuals collecting experience. Did you notice the two A-2 jackets that am showing.......?????

Did she say specifically that this WAS work on the 7th. If so, yiu may want to get it in writing for future generations.

501stGeronimo

Yes I did see those and they are nice. Whether someone has good pieces or not doesn't reflect how much someone may know or how long someone has collected. It wasn't supposed to come across as negative, it was just a honest question as on my end, looked like pure speculation. That's why I recommended getting a letter written from the nurse. And, have you seen the pieces I have posted....?? I'm not trying to get into a peeing contest with someone over who knows more, it was just a question that you answered. Thanks again and please show more of the group