Vietnam Battle of Hill 943 Medals & Document Grouping Sgt. Harry C. Coons

warpath

Vietnam Battle of Hill 943 Medals & Documents Grouping of Sgt. Harry Charles Joseph Coons Company, 3rd battalion, 12th Infantry, 4th Infantry Division...A rare medal grouping with videos of the soldier in combat. Sgt. Harry "J C" Coons served with the 4th Infantry Division in Vietnam and with the 25th Infantry Division in Cambodia in 1970. He was featured in the CBS Special Report Hill 943: In 1968, Erik Durschmied shot the CBS Special Report Hill 943 in which he followed three soldiers in Alpha Company as they tried to capture Hill 943 in a bloody battle..."A uninhabited, nameless hill. Only called "Hill 943" because of its height. Soldiers were given the orders to take it. Then abandon it. Only to have to retake it again..."

Link to the 1968 combat video...There are several short films on line showing this battle with Sgt. Coons.

http://www.battlefieldmuseum.org/engine/inspect.asp?Item=82&Category=All&Filter=Vietnam%20War Link to my Battfield Museum site showing the documents and awards

post-3653-0-29481000-1421962218.jpg

post-3653-0-72704900-1421962329.jpg

I just found this grouping in my store while cleaning out...I forgot it was there and I had not recorded all the documents until today.