Unknown Chevrons- flat rocker

michaelfrank

A few years back I did some research but couldn't come up with what these are.

They were in a box my Dad had, with some of my grandfathers military pieces. My grandfather was WW2 Army Airborne and my Dad was in the Illinois National Guard in the late 60s/early 70s. Started looking from there, but never found where these might be from... ribbon bar for scale:

post-157034-0-56877200-1421823641.jpg

post-157034-0-20023500-1421823646.jpg

thanks gents. after doing a search, I came across these on ebay at the moment:post-157034-0-45311800-1421898886.jpg

I think it's got to be the case that these were cut away. No one in my family was in jrotc/rotc that I know of, though my grandfather was a collector of just about anything he found that he thought was interesting. Could be something random he found and out in the same box as his WW2 ribbons/patches.

thanks gents. after doing a search, I came across these on ebay at the moment:attachicon.gifepaulets.JPG

I think it's got to be the case that these were cut away. No one in my family was in jrotc/rotc that I know of, though my grandfather was a collector of just about anything he found that he thought was interesting. Could be something random he found and out in the same box as his WW2 ribbons/patches.

on second thought ive heard some say they resemble 1947-1950 transitional female chevrons but ive never seen any proof, maybe something to look into