FLYING TIGERS AVG 3rd Squadron Chinese Silk Banner

aerocollector2014

That's a really fantastic banner Scotty! Thanks for adding the photos!

It's so rare to get to see these pieces. AVG banners are extremely rare and are such special pieces of history to one of the most famous aviation units of WW2. A real centerpiece to any WW2 aviation collection.

JD

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
josesharontraders

Hello,

Both banners are so beautiful. Would any of you who have been a caretaker of these like to pass the title to me by selling it? Jejejejejej. Just a humble suggestion, gentlemen.

Your pieces are truly awesome. Thanks for sharing and let me know.

josesharontraders

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:18 AM

The man who owns the 3rd Pursuit Squadron AVG Banner sent me a scan of it and as promised here it is.These banners are so rare and so neat that one hundred years from now they will still be in collections.Anyone who has the pleasure of being the caretaker of this much history should be proud.Scotty
Attached Images
  • post-4902-0-99317800-1423682257.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
josesharontraders

Scotty,

Sorry for getting back so late...buried at work as I'm an expat working my way back to Europe from Asia. So...would the man who sent you the photo be interested to sell this to a humble caretaker like me? hahahah. Please let me know.

Wow wow wow...what a beautiful banner with the vivid colours. Thank you for sharing this image.

Jose

Hello,

Both banners are so beautiful. Would any of you who have been a caretaker of these like to pass the title to me by selling it? Jejejejejej. Just a humble suggestion, gentlemen.

Your pieces are truly awesome. Thanks for sharing and let me know.

josesharontraders

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:18 AM

The man who owns the 3rd Pursuit Squadron AVG Banner sent me a scan of it and as promised here it is.These banners are so rare and so neat that one hundred years from now they will still be in collections.Anyone who has the pleasure of being the caretaker of this much history should be proud.Scotty
Attached Images
  • post-4902-0-99317800-1423682257.jpg