"American Sniper"

David D

I went and saw this movie yesterday, I personally thought it was a very good movie. And pretty accurate. Some parts were fictitious, I would say what, But I think it would ruin the movie. So what did you guys think of the movie? Or the Book?

-Dave

Patchcollector

Wow!This movie is kicking butt at the box office!

Here is some info I found online:

American Sniper” opened to a phenomenal $105.3 million over the four-day Martin Luther King holiday weekend, according to an estimate from distributor Warner Bros., the largest opening ever for an R-rated movie or a drama and one of the biggest surprises in modern Hollywood history.

While it was expected to have a strong opening, most in Hollywood thought it would take in about $60 million over four days.

Starring Bradley Cooper, the story of the life at home and abroad of America’s deadliest sniper during the Iraq War scored with moviegoers and critics with its patriotic themes, tension, action scenes and family drama. Audiences gave it an average grade of A+, according to market research firm CinemaScore.

Here is a link to where I found the info:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/01/19/american-sniper-sets-records-with-105-million-at-box-office/

Read the book and took bride to the movie last night, I enjoyed much more than her. Movie is pretty good, do see the media today is working Chris over for some of the statements he made ref. shooting couple guys in Texas trying to steal his truck, and going on the dome in New Orleans and smoking some looters. Anyway hell'va movie and I applaud him for his service.

Patchcollector

This movie is sure getting alot of "buzz",both positive and negative.If Michael Moore hates it then it must be a great movie :lol: I'm thinking of taking my son to see it on his Birthday.

This movie is sure getting alot of "buzz",both positive and negative.If Michael Moore hates it then it must be a great movie :lol: I'm thinking of taking my son to see it on his Birthday.

My daughter wanted to see it for her birthday, we enjoyed it immensely!

Patchcollector

Was just watching Fox news.Movie has surpassed 200 million dollar mark,and is heading for 300 million. :o

I hope that Chris Kyles' family(and some Veterans charities) see a chunk of that change!

Patchcollector

Here is a Fox news interview of Chris's father:

http://youtu.be/VS7kIgrV4lI

Some highlights from this interview(paraphrased):

Chris's Father (on the making of the "American Sniper" movie):

"If you do anything to dishonor my son ,I will unleash hell on you"

"Chris wanted to focus on how many lives he saved rather than how many lives he took"

American Sniper will become the highest grossing war movie of all time this week when it reaches $250,000 by Saturday. I will see the movie tomorrow and looking forward to it. It is refreshing to see a war movie that speaks the truth about the enemy and shows what our heroes endure.

Okay. No more of political conversation. This thread has been cleaned up.

Please keep the rest of the comments restricted to your opinion(s) about the movie.

I took my father and son to see it this weekend, that's three generations ranging from age 16 to age 85. We all thought it was a very good film, well worth seeing at the theater (some movies are just as good on an HDTV, but this is a big screen movie).

I don't think I've ever before been to a movie where there was stone silence as the movie ended and the audience left.

I like the movie but for me it was a bit hard to watch as I was over in afghanistan with NMCB 133 and it really brought some of those bad memories back, the fiancee wanted to watch it with me but i just couldnt see it again, I really would recommend the movie to anyone as it shows what we deal with both over there and back home,Pat

I like the movie but for me it was a bit hard to watch as I was over in afghanistan with NMCB 133 and it really brought some of those bad memories back, the fiancee wanted to watch it with me but i just couldnt see it again, I really would recommend the movie to anyone as it shows what we deal with both over there and back home,Pat

WELCOME HOME Pat

Thanks for your service and thanks to all who have served past and present

blitzkrieg gsd

Was a good movie for sure my wife even cried at the ending. The way he was killed was horrible for sure can't believe that happened to him.

We would like to let this thread continue and it needs to stay away from any political views.Chris Kyle was a American Sailor who did his job and that job was being a sniper.He offered protection to our guys in the field.Like the figures of the past who were made famous by the media of their time...for actions as the OK Corral,Northfield Mn raid,Texas Rangers,Scouts,Trappers,Explorers,Gunfighters...just to name a few...sometimes their lives and actions are elevated to mythological status...with that comes a division...opposing ideas and opinions of why this or that.

I do not care what party affiliation or denomination Chris Kyle belonged...or if he might have told a tall tale once in a while.He was a Patriot. ..Hero...Brave Soul...who went in Harms way and tried his best to cover his Brothers-in-Arms.

R.I.P.Chris Kyle

Wife and I saw it last weekend. I really don't care what war you were in, no one knows what's it like unless they/ you were there, period. War is just what it is, changes everyone that's "Seen The Elephant". Hollywood messes up most of what they produce, but Clint stuck to his guns and produced his best money maker to date. I also noticed the total silence at the end of the movie. Almost like a tribute to Chief Kyle. God rest his soul.