Air Force Finds; Vietnam era/ flight suit, uniform

ZeroAlpha

This week's acquisitions feature some Air Force items. An old college buddy brought me an excellent Vietnam era flight suit with what appear to be locally made patches. The round unit patch appears to be a locally made airlift unit patch, and the rank insignia and name tag seem to be locally made.

post-151300-0-58919500-1421563784.jpg

He retrieved it from a long period of storage, and discovered squirrel or rodent damage to the right arm of the flight suit.

post-151300-0-22915600-1421563991.jpg

I also got this MA-1 flight jacket from a thrift store. According to the tag, it is a size Medium and is dated 1970. The coat looks smaller than a medium, though. There's a bit of damage on the elastic pieces, and what looks to be a paint stain on the upper left arm.

post-151300-0-27875700-1421564416.jpg

nguoi tien su

Local made patches for sure, but maybe not in Vietnam. The nametag is Taiwan made to me. And the 346th TAS was based at Ching Chuan Kang.

Finally, I found (at the same thrift store as the MA-1) an older, custom Air Force service dress coat. It's a custom coat from Pearlman's Formal Wear in Charleston, SC, and appears to be the All Season USAF Blue Shade 1084 uniform.

post-151300-0-47928700-1421567801.jpg

Local made patches for sure, but maybe not in Vietnam. The nametag is Taiwan made to me. And the 346th TAS was based at Ching Chuan Kang.

This isn't within my area of collecting knowledge, so much thanks for that good information. Wasn't the 346th an airlift unit?

• 3 weeks later...