A lot of unknown gauges. Help....

USdog

I got these a while back. Got them all in one lot. Was hoping if anyone could help me identify what types of aircraft these were used for? Any help is appreciated. If you need me to read off any numbers just ask.

Thanks!

post-93633-0-58013700-1421544996.jpg

I got these a while back. Got them all in one lot. Was hoping if anyone could help me identify what types of aircraft these were used for? Any help is appreciated. If you need me to read off any numbers just ask.

Thanks!

first one is i believe found in a p-51 mustang, if im thinking the correct one then it is in other aircraft as well but most associated with the P-51

nope i was thinking of the type B-7 guage http://www.warbirdsite.com/museummustang.html

Most of these gauges will be very difficult to pion down to a specific type or aircraft.

They were designed to be used in many different aircraft, and were indeed used they way. Many were even used in civilian aircraft long after WWII was over.

There may be some clues that would point to specific aircraft (the oil temperature gauge is obviously for a twin-engine aircraft, but that only narrows it down to a few dozen types!), and some part numbers may point to specific aircraft, but I think most were used on a variety of aircraft.

Sorry, I wish I was more help!

• 1 month later...

EX temp gauge, I think would be for a APU or similar item on an acft....red marks would indicate general operating limits...use would be late 50s early 60s on cargo/bomber...thinking cargo though...will check the AMC museum Sunday on the 133, 124 aircraft

• 2 years later...

If you give me the details on the front of the AM/RAF fuel pressure gauge in #7, I have a complete WW2 RAF/RAAF instrument cross reference book.

There should be a 6A/.... number that will show me what aircraft it was used in.

cheers, John