Whats THE coolest Navy SEAL modern patches ?

kammo-man

• 1 year later...
USMarineCorps

Here's on of my favorite ones.

Though often called "DEVGRU" or "DEA FAST", it's actually a SEAL team 7 patch.

This one is an older one, circa 2011-2012.

Had to cover up some details, cause otherwise there will be a few dozen sellers selling these by the end of the week...

- edit: for some reason the image is not showing... I'm working on it -

post-54106-0-59926000-1523980579.jpeg

USMarineCorps

Great detail on that Black Ops patch..... ;)

Lol. Yeah, for some reason it's not showing up and I can't delete that picture either. :dry:

EDIT: here it is.

post-54106-0-73014700-1523986307.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Corpsmancollector

Several NSWDG Gold Squadron items (the flag is a theater made piece and 100% original)

That is phenomenal. Thank you for sharing!

Will

• 2 weeks later...
USMarineCorps

That is phenomenal. Thank you for sharing!

Will

Thank you! It's definitely one of my centerpieces.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
USMarineCorps

Been fortunate to have received some SEAL Team 7 patches through a good buddy of mine. These were all made for 1 and 3 Troop. The patches in the upper left corner or the 1 Troop design, the ones next to them are ST7 1 Troop Alpha and Bravo platoon. The archangel patches are for 3 Troop, and the patch and coin to the right of those was a 2019 deployment patch for ST 7 1 Troop Bravo platoon. Some more generic ST7 patches can be seen in the bottom row. I kept the resolution low and made some adjustments to protect the designs from being copied by unscrupulous dealers and collectors.

patches.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here is something interesting that I came across on eBay.   For sale on eBay is a certified Red Squadron Seal Team Six patch signed by Robert O'Neill who was the individual who supposedly shot and killed Osama bin Laden (see link).   The asking price of $399.00 I initially thought wasn't that unreasonable considering a historic signed and certified ST-6 patch by the individual who was there and killed the most wanted US terrorist.  I normally stay away from purchasing Seal Team morale patches because you can't tell if they are genuine or copies unless you get it personally from a Seal.  I then came across what looked like the same Red Squadron Seal Team Six patch for only $11.95 (see link).   I then went back to the first Red Squadron ST-6 signed patch and found the following, "This patch is similar to the ones worn on their uniforms."  So the patch they want $399.00 for is a reproduction.  I missed the fine print.  Now I don't think it is worth the asking price.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Robert-ONEILL-SIGNED-Seal-Team-SIX-Geronimo-Patch-SIGNED-RARE/114453009902?hash=item1aa5ee55ee:g:YoYAAOSwzlVff7ej

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEAL-TEAM-SIX-6-GERONIMO-PATCH-US-NAVY-OSAMA-BIN-LADEN-OBL-911-USS-SOCAM-5-2-11/402361181427?hash=item5dae9864f3:g:7mEAAMXQyY1TP07I

Signed Robert O'NEILL SSI T-6  (3).jpg

Signed Robert O'NEILL SSI T-6  (1).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

USMarineCorps

Thanks for sharing! I guess anyone can just send/ give something to Robert O'Neill for him to sign. I have seen flags, posters, magazines, etc.

There seems to be a lot of DEVGRU stuff out there nowadays. Zone5 started selling some patches several years ago, and then the last couple of years a couple of (former) ADS (Atlantic Dive Supply) guys started selling the exact same ones, as well as some "new" stuff. Although ADS did make a lot of stuff for DEVGRU and other NSW units, I am still trying to figure out what those patches are. Reproductions of original designs? Original overstock?

There are a lot of patches out there “attributed” to various SEAL teams.

Some might be legit, i.e. ordered and made up for a specific Team and are actually used In theater and some given out to friends, family, etc.  I have a few patches and challenge coins that came directly from Team guys or someone in their command.

And then there are other patches that are copied from original designs and made up for collectors.  Probably most of what you see on eBay falls into this category.  

I know of other items made up, signed, endorsed, etc. for fund raisers (SEAL Foundation, “31 Heroes” , “Fallen Heroes”, etc.) These are legit... but once they are bought it’s hard to say where they might wind up or be re-sold at a later date.