A Guy Walks Into a Coin Club

Airborne-Hunter

Airborne-Hunter

I've frequented a coin club in Northern California for the last 18 years. Every few years a piece or two shows up at flea market night or at the local coin show. Last night was a flea market night and a long time dealer new to the area set out a box of military stuff. The American stuff I brought home includes 198+/- beer can dui's, one ww2 DUI and a couple of collar insignia pins. Enjoy ABN

post-1800-0-64460700-1421353948.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

Holy Crap , that is good score. !!!! Are most of them 2 post beercans ?

There's roughly 197 of the 2 post beer cans. The spook pin mentioned by Tonomachi is actually enameled, the only such (enameled) piece in the bunch. It too has 2 posts and may be theater made. The last, 64th fighter wing dui, is screw back theater made, I believe German or Italian. Best ABN

There's roughly 197 of the 2 post beer cans. The spook pin mentioned by Tonomachi is actually enameled, the only such (enameled) piece in the bunch. It too has 2 posts and may be theater made. The last, 64th fighter wing dui, is screw back theater made, I believe German or Italian. Best ABN

Thanks for the info on the "spook" pin as I have never come across a beer can version so was real curious. This "spook" pin is probably one of your rarer pieces although the whole collection is considered rare. The "spook" pin is associated with the UNPFK and UNPIK having something to do with the US Army Psychological Warfare Branch.

Nice group of beer cans. I always thought the 'spook' guy was an ASA unit in Korea? In post #4 the yellow shield with lightning bolt, I think, is a MACV-SOG unit.I'll have to find my ASMIC catalog.

According to the ASMIC Military Intelligence di catalog the 'spook' di is for the 508th MI GP and states, Korean made.Also states it was an insignia used on a lighter, which doesn't mean they always were.I have seen lighter insignia made into pins.

Bob is right on not a positive ID on the MACV-SOG pin.But I would say definitely a MAC-V pin, since it has the three services insignia's on it.