T-30 microphone on eBay

nreed_94

Hey everyone, I was wanting to know if the following microphone in an ebay listing was actually WWII era: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331448098082...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Everything looks just like WWII dated microphones, but the box says "VPP 8/50". Would this mean made in 1950? I always thought that war production stuff really didn't start back until 1951 with Korea. The instructions also say AAF, which ceased to exist in 1947 with the creation of the Air Force....maybe its old equipment in a "new" box? Anybody know?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have had T-30s re-packaged as late as '61......I have a couple of Wartime O-mask mics sitting on my desk.....re-packed 1962. Must have been a thriving business to re-package WW2 stuff........!!!!!

Hey everyone, I was wanting to know if the following microphone in an ebay listing was actually WWII era: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331448098082...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Everything looks just like WWII dated microphones, but the box says "VPP 8/50". Would this mean made in 1950? I always thought that war production stuff really didn't start back until 1951 with Korea. The instructions also say AAF, which ceased to exist in 1947 with the creation of the Air Force....maybe its old equipment in a "new" box? Anybody know?

I actually went ahead and ordered it. It was definitely re-packaged, because the box was stamped with the typical "296-DAY-44". The mic was in flawless condition. It's amazing to see these brand new items pop up on the market. It's almost out of place displayed alongside some used items.