Another EGA question...

thetrenchman1918

thetrenchman1918

found this in a box, i haven't touched in years, don't know anything about it, mainly want to know the time period, thanks in advance post-105825-0-11864500-1421197849.jpgpost-105825-0-07082700-1421197863.jpg

thetrenchman1918

so am I correct that the style of rope mounting, is the early version which was the method used prior to 1937? so is this perhaps a ww2 era EGA, as opposed to a 50's one? or is this not the case, thanks again

teufelhunde.ret

so am I correct that the style of rope mounting, is the early version which was the method used prior to 1937?

It is a timeless design. The elements of the emblem have been used in various combinations since the early 30s, nice to see this one in a WW2 era box, albeit, it may or could have been made or sold in the 50s. Is the back marked in any way?

Worn throughout the 40's, in the 50's they tended to wrap the rope tighter to the front of the anchor head, but can't say that's always the case

Markings are key. Sterling was used mid-late WWII to save on bronze, a dual H&H Imperial mark was used briefly (though produced en masse) from 1942-43