heady506th

You never know what you will find over here in Iraq

Prior to Bush declaring the end of major combat, you could bring things home, but when he did that, the sovereignty of Iraq was declared, so no more "war trophies" No individual can bring a weapon home legally, but recognized museums can sign for captured weapons.

Here's the one I wish I could have smuggled home

2qkj6kp.jpg

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

but recognized museums can sign for captured weapons.

how does one become "this"

Hell, I'll sign! :lol:

Those clowns do have a LOT of wild stuff in the way of guns! Seen a broomhandle mauser, german lugers, K98s etc.

We had Marine Tankers roll over them before we blew them up. How does the army dispose of captured weapons once they're cataloged?

Very, very sad indeed. Must've seen over $20,000 worth of old Nazi, American, and Russian firearms destroyed...

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Those clowns do have a LOT of wild stuff in the way of guns! Seen a broomhandle mauser, german lugers, K98s etc.

We had Marine Tankers roll over them before we blew them up. How does the army dispose of captured weapons once they're cataloged?

Very, very sad indeed. Must've seen over $20,000 worth of old Nazi, American, and Russian firearms destroyed...

I had took a browning high power 9mm with tangent sites off of somebody in OIF 1. Ended up giving it to my interpreter because I couldn't get it home.

CPT, MP, 1 ea

Prior to Bush declaring the end of major combat, you could bring things home, but when he did that, the sovereignty of Iraq was declared, so no more "war trophies" No individual can bring a weapon home legally, but recognized museums can sign for captured weapons.

Here's the one I wish I could have smuggled home

2qkj6kp.jpg

What a compact equipment, two or three in one. I would patent it. When mag is empty we may use it as a heliograph gear to call evacuation helicopter. If possibility of capturing in enemy's hands is close it may be used as a golden bribe allowing to escape.

Genius gear, really genius gear. bravo.gif

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

I recall reading that the two sons of Saddam had a thing for exotic guns, and had ordered gold plated AK-47's. It would be interesting to know if this was one of them.

All the more proof the country is better off without them.

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I spoke to a reservist who was in Iraq during the summer of 2003 and he stated that his unit came upon a cache of "WWII British sub-machine guns" and that each Humvee was equiped with one for close in defense. He called them Stens but then described a curved magazine so I think he was talking about Sterling sub-machine guns. He said they shot great (again most likely Sterlings) and used 9mm which they could get ammo for. I know it is not US exactly but still interesting.

donation2008.gifdonation2012.gif

Guest rat patrol

Wildest toy I saw was a MP44....in pretty good condition.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.