96th ID unit marked helmet or liner examples?

coolhandluke

My Great Grandfather served with the 96th in the PTO during WWII. While doing research I have come across examples of painted or decaled liners in photos. I have yet to see an example of a unit marked helmet within the 96th...only helmets with standard paint, hand painted camo, and some helmets that look to have a type of camo cover installed. Does anyone have an example of a 96th ID helmet or liner in their collection that they would care to share photos of?

Here are a couple photos of unit marked liners that were previously posted by member 15armyairforce...

post-105139-0-74823500-1420944397.jpg

post-105139-0-65904700-1420944441.jpg

Lastly a photo of my Great Grandfather (left) in the Philippines with what looks to be a Hawley liner installed in his M1. From what I can tell, there doesn't appear to be any camo theme on his shell.

post-105139-0-48925500-1420945020.jpg

• 1 year later...

Your 96th Div liner will be from the 50s-60s NPerry, the liner appears to be either the 1951 version or the 1956 version ( would need clearer fotos to see), the decal is typical of the period, no worries as the 96th Div was at the time an actively drilling Army Reserve Combat Infantry Division out west, inactivated around May 1963 as a full status combat division, and redesignated as a Command Headquarters and later an Army Reserve Command.

• 3 years later...