Cooking Outfit Small Detachment

on-to-berlin

I was wondering how widespread the use of these outfits was during and after the war? I found some cool video on youtube and thought they were great for reenactments. post-2405-0-20820700-1420926395.jpg

I love the cooking outfit!! I would buy one of these outfits in a heartbeat if they ever appeared anywhere close to my home. They are just too darn heavy to ship economically from far away and most sellers won't even try. BTW. Great video and thanks for for sharing the link to it. I am surprised that with all of that highly flammable gas nearby that none of the soldiers made an "ash" of himself. LOL.

Bob

I've never seen photos of one of these sets in use in the combat zone during the war. They were really sized to fit on Mules etc and there just wasn't the need, plus they came out late and with the rise of prepackaged field rations the need to cook forward of the Battalion never really caught on. If anyone has photos of these in use I'd love to see them. The you-tube video shows soldiers from a late era 1960s by the look.

Tom Bowers