Does anyone have EVEN MORE PINKS & GREENS

wartimecollectables.com

wartimecollectables.com

I believe this uniform is pictured in the book but don't have it. It's an all bullion English tailor made officer's Ike battle dress. If you find it, post pics of the page or email to me at [email protected]

THANKS!

post-93-0-94296800-1420718737.jpg

post-93-0-24150600-1420718758.jpg

I think there were only two books. I gave away my set, so I'm of no help. However, I can't remember this uniform in the book (not like I memorized the book, but I did own a lot of the uniforms in both volumes....)

I think there were only two books. I gave away my set, so I'm of no help. However, I can't remember this uniform in the book (not like I memorized the book, but I did own a lot of the uniforms in both volumes....)

Show off ;)

Show off ;)

Hee hee... :D Sadly, I sold them before people seemed to care about them being in books. I was particularly shocked with the High Wycombe tailored 8th AF Ike...I've never seen another outside the book and when I tried to get a slightly higher price because it was in the book, there was zero interest. Unfortunately, I needed the cash and sold it for what I would have considered "market value" for any other tailor made Ike. I still kick myself for selling it... :(

There was also this one http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Wings-Leather-Jackets-Artifacts/dp/0764332449

which I think may have also had some uniforms?

JD

Could be...his other three books (aside from the Pinks and Greens ones) were concentrated on flight jackets. I've actually never seen this book before. I'll see if I can thumb through a copy at the SOS...

Hee hee... :D Sadly, I sold them before people seemed to care about them being in books. I was particularly shocked with the High Wycombe tailored 8th AF Ike...I've never seen another outside the book and when I tried to get a slightly higher price because it was in the book, there was zero interest. Unfortunately, I needed the cash and sold it for what I would have considered "market value" for any other tailor made Ike. I still kick myself for selling it... :(

Bummer. As I recall, I have a group to to a fellow stationed out of High Wycombe.

Did you sell these uniforms at the SOS like 8 years ago?

Bummer. As I recall, I have a group to to a fellow stationed out of High Wycombe.

Did you sell these uniforms at the SOS like 8 years ago?

No, I sold all of them before I joined the Navy, and some of those well before then...so something around 15-16 years ago. I'm sure some of them have resurfaced since. I am pretty sure the dress blues to the Colonel in book 2 showed up again...

No, I sold all of them before I joined the Navy, and some of those well before then...so something around 15-16 years ago. I'm sure some of them have resurfaced since. I am pretty sure the dress blues to the Colonel in book 2 showed up again...

Ah, gotcha.

Some nice stuff in those two books!

Just found this pic of the High Wycombe jacket...the date stamp on the photo (this is a scan of the hard copy photo) is January 1998. I took this photo for it's listing to sell it...

1-8-2015 11-29-09 AM.jpg

wartimecollectables.com

Is there a third book, or do you mean "More Silver Wings, Pinks & Greens" ?

I'd be interested to know if there's a third book I missed!

Killer jacket, by the way.

Yes, I meant :More Silver Wings, Pinks & Greens: An Expanded Study of USAS, USAAC, & USAAF Uniforms, Wings & Insignia • 1913-1945 Including Civilian Auxiliaries" byJon A. Maguire

Just too lazy to type that and thought folks would know which book I meant!

Thanks, yes, nice jacket.

Andrew

No plans for another book - It's nice to see the High Wycombe and Strout jackets again. Are they in a collection now?

JM

I'd love to know where they ended up...I've had plenty of red lined Ikes since then, but I've never seen another High Wycombe tailored uniform again! That was really a great uniform! I wish I had photos of the other ones I ended up with from the books!