WWII USMC "Western" Parachutist No 31 knife

fordmustanggt_350

fordmustanggt_350

Hey guys,

So I came across this knife actually in a group of other knives and did not originally realize how rare the knife could be if its real. There is no back story, no details as to where it came from other than I got it at a flea market along with four other WWII fighting/ utility knives. After a bit of research it came to light that this type of knife was exceptionally rare if its real. I guess that Western made commemorative knives that were virtually identical to the WWII knife. Question is what do you guys think of this one? Are there any pointers as to if its real or not. It came in an original WWII scabbard but is not the correct one for the knife. What are the thing to look for that would make it real or fake?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Kevin

post-2569-0-01283000-1420582341.jpg

I'm looking forward to hearing from some of the members here who have acquired examples of this knife. This is the first I've heard of a Western made reproduction of this model. Always something new to learn.

Frank Trzaska

It's a real one and you made my day with your story of finding it. Gives me hope that more are still out there waiting to be found by other collectors and me! Congrats!

All the best

Frank Trzaska

fordmustanggt_350

Frank,

Thank you for your help! You really made my day with this news. I was right on the edge. Thanks again!

fordmustanggt_350

Reeder3 its one of those things, I would love to keep it because of the rarity and value that it has but I do not really collect anything USMC. I would rather be able to turn it around and buy some good 91st Infantry Division items that I would really appreciate and treasure. As we are all collectors, I am sure we all try to scrape money together to buy the items we really like and enjoy and its only occasionally that the hobby actually pays for itself. When it does I try and take advantage of it so I can further my collection. Thank you again to everyone!

I'm bothered by the fact that I probably passed over many a USMC Parachutist knife over the years not realizing what they were or their worth. SKIP